Major Gold Mining Companies

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Given the fact that I know relatively little about gold miners, I wanted to take a look at them. One way for me to insure that I take a good look at something is to do enough work to make a blog article out of whatever it is I am curious about...

I do not much like the gold miners as an investment. For a speculation, they are probably great. But, for stacking, I prefer real live gold! But, my article looks at 25 gold miners I picked a little bit subjectively (based on whether I have heard of the company, its size & reserves, P/E ratios, etc.). Some of the figures I got were contradictory -- some figures were for 2010, some for 2013.

MOST of the miners are running at a loss even with gold at about $1300.

"Gold Mining Companies"

http://goo.gl/evVrDA

Last edited:
Yeah, when you put the numbers in perspective, you really see just how cheap gold is right now.

Back
Top Bottom