Maxwells silver hammer time

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I see the shorts are getting aggressive on this semi-holiday and ahead of the Merkel meeting in Greece tomorrow. If Merkel actually makes it in and out of Greece in one piece, they will have accomplished exactly nothing, so I see that trip as a waste of everyone's time.:pffftt:

Back to silver. The last three trading days have been quite interesting as the Brotherhood of Darkness in concert with the Powers That Be work to keep the lid screwed on tight at $35 and below $1,800. How much longer can they keep this up you ask? Probably forever. These guys have an unlimited quantity of un-backed paper promises to deliver invisible silver, so at least in the short run [read: pre-election] we will not see either metal do very well. After the election however, they still have an unbelievable pile of shorts to get to net on or to cover, so I think the action in the close of the year will prove to be exciting. :popcorn:

I can't wait!:cheers:

Good time to be stacking phyz.

... the Powers That Be work to keep the lid screwed on tight at $35 and below $1,800. How much longer can they keep this up you ask? ...

Hopefully until the end of the week when some spending cash rolls in :wave:

ADK

The big date to keep your eyes on is the US election. It really depends who TPTB want to be in the White House.
Personally, I think it's Obama, and if that is the case, they will keep the dollar up as best they can and keep gold/silver down.
If he gets back in, then the panic money starts to move into PM's and out of of fiat.

...it is all mass-psychology, and managed perception.. Thinking critically, they are both just different sides of exactly the same coin (or rather a banknote :)) , and there's no material difference between them. But the (managed) perception and hype is all that matters (short term) - that's how you create imbalances and shear the sheep, if you are connected enough.

why does this happen ?
what changes as a result of a somewhat darker skinned puppet getting 'chosen' ?
Simple. A lot of die-hard Republicans who don't see the 2-party system as just 2 sides of the same coin, will become nervous about their investments with Obama in for a 2nd term.

Of course, it makes no material economic difference to you or me as to which guy gets in, but the GOP people see the Dems under Obama as evil (which to a large extent that may be true), but not their leaders.

And it is largely middle class American Republicans that hold the bulk of the wealth that the banks want to destroy.

If Obama gets in again, just like there was a spike in gun sales, so I believe there will be a spike in gold / silver this time around.

I admit this is just my opinion, but what I am mostly pointing out is that I think there will be strenuous efforts to keep the price of PM's in check until after the election if TPTB want Obama back in. Can't have the economy in a free-fall and expect to have the man returned to power. But once he is back in ... watch out. He will push for things in his second term that will make good people think of his first as "the good old days" by contrast.

This is just getting.....well.......comical now. Just look at the Kitco chart to have a good belly laugh. The massive drop over a four minute period is a symptom of the imperial rot eating away at public confidence in the "system". When I see this regularly occurring and obvious slam, I cannot help but feel rage and hatred for the people responsible. If JPM et. al., were actually holding "borrowed silver" to back up their massive short position, I would have no problem with it. However, knowing that at best, all they hold is a tenuous grip on re-re-re-hypothecated shares in SLV that may or may not even be backed to any degree by actual silver. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing that our government regulators simply whistle and walk by as if nothing is amiss.

Last edited:
If you believe John Embry, there is a war going on:
The commercials are massively short gold at the moment, and each time they try attempt to drive the price of gold lower, there is a solid wall of physical buying they are running into. I just don’t think they anticipated this. Meanwhile, the Eastern buyers, such as China, are delighted the commercials keep trying to push gold lower.
We are literally witnessing a war between the physical buyers (Eastern central banks), and the paper manipulators (commercials or bullion banks), and that is why there is such a fierce battle being waged between $1,735 and $1,800. It will be fascinating, Eric, to see how this is resolved in the gold market.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldn...his_War_In_Gold_&_Shorts_Getting_Overrun.html

I am also delighted that prices are being pushed lower! I for one will not complain that it is now cheaper for me to increase the ounces in my stack. Think in terms of ounces, not USD.
:cheers:

Sort of OT here, but you know, I never really understood that Beatles song until I realized that Maxwell's Silver hammer was the media - Maxwell's equations are what define radio waves/photons and how they propagate.

Listen to that song with that in mind sometime, and suddenly it makes a ton more sense. Those guys were not stupid.

Well, that's the beauty of art. You get to interpret it from your own world-view. FWIW:
As Steve Turner noted in A Hard Day's Write, his volume on the origins of Beatles songs:
"John told me that 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' was about the law of karma," says former Apple employee Tony King. "We were talking one day about 'Instant Karma' because something happened where he'd been clobbered and he'd said that this was an example of instant karma. I asked him whether he believed in that theory. He said that he did and that 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' was the first song that they'd made about that. He said that the idea behind the song was that the minute you do something that's not right, Maxwell's silver hammer will come down on your head."

Paul said at the time that the song "epitomizes the downfalls of life. Just when everything is going smoothly, 'bang, bang' down comes Maxwell's silver hammer and ruins everything."

http://www.snopes.com/religion/hammer.asp

I am also delighted that prices are being pushed lower! I for one will not complain that it is now cheaper for me to increase the ounces in my stack. Think in terms of ounces, not USD.
:cheers:

wish you could convince my wife of that. She would rather have a stack of fiat ANY day; she was VERY annoyed today when I bought five ASE at spot. "But what if we run out of money?" (Not likely, we are adequately well set). "Then I'll sell some silver". "But you'll lose money then." Ensued a long explanation of cost averaging, while she "smirked". Uggghhh.

I had no idea anyone named Maxwell had anything to do with karma, which predates the Maxwell I know by a few thousand years. And which traditionally was a lifetime, not an instant, thing. But as you say, that's the beauty.

wish you could convince my wife of that. She would rather have a stack of fiat ANY day; she was VERY annoyed today when I bought five ASE at spot. "But what if we run out of money?" (Not likely, we are adequately well set). "Then I'll sell some silver". "But you'll lose money then." Ensued a long explanation of cost averaging, while she "smirked". Uggghhh.

The compromise I reached with my wife was to keep a 90 days worth of expenses held in USD. Yes it will depreciate, but that cost is cheap in the keeping the spouse happy currency.
:wave:

I had no idea anyone named Maxwell had anything to do with karma, which predates the Maxwell I know by a few thousand years. And which traditionally was a lifetime, not an instant, thing. But as you say, that's the beauty.

I thought Dharma was now and karma was the next life thing.

The compromise I reached with my wife was to keep a 90 days worth of expenses held in USD. Yes it will depreciate, but that cost is cheap in the keeping the spouse happy currency.
:wave:

shifting loyalties/crisis. I bought a used POS Saab for 1700, it crapped out. Looks like it would cost a fortune to repair (my bad, didn't DYODD on this) and I'll sell it as junk. She was so worried about the perceived financial loss in the car that she forgot about the silver. :)

I hope resistance holds this week. I think 32.50 is the red battle line here.

Although, even at 32.50 my DCA is still pretty damn good, since It has been a while since I've had enough extra jack to pick up more than an ounce or three a week. Back in the day, there were weeks that i would pick up a hundred without blinking and whistle my way back to teh car. Now, i am struggling to get more than three a week.

Back
Top Bottom