Minimum wage

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

No Fooling: Gov. Newsom's $20 Minimum Wage Hits April 1​

I wish we could call “April fool!” on the $20 minimum wage hitting California fast-food restaurants on April 1. But the wage hike signed into law last September by Gov. Gavin Newsom is really going to hit hard.

Last December, Pizza Hut announced it would lay off more than 1,200 delivery drivers across the state. It switched to independent deliver services for home delivery. On March 25, the Wall Street Journal reported on driver Michael Ojeda, 29, “who previously supported his mother and partner on his Pizza Hut delivery wages.” He told the paper, “Pizza Hut was my career for nearly a decade and with little to no notice it was taken away.”

Round Table Pizza also laid off 73 drivers. And, “In San Jose, Brian Hom, owner of two Vitality Bowls restaurants, now runs his stores with two employees, versus four workers that he typically used in the past. That means it takes longer to make customers’ açaí bowls and other orders, and Hom said he is also raising prices by around 10 percent to help cover the increased labor costs. ”

More:

But the wage hike signed into law last September by Gov. Gavin Newsom is really going to hit hard.
Only the idiots in charge thought it wouldn't. Everyone with a lick of sense to 'em, coulda told 'em what was gonna happen.

Only the idiots in charge thought it wouldn't. Everyone with a lick of sense to 'em, coulda told 'em what was gonna happen.
It's not about "what was gonna happen."

It's about buying votes from the sheeple - and the do-gooder society matrons who, sadly, ALSO vote.

It's not about "what was gonna happen."

It's about buying votes from the sheeple - and the do-gooder society matrons who, sadly, ALSO vote.
If half the people affected lose their jobs after the wage goes up, I don't think it'll get 'em as many votes as they thought it would.
....and my comment was that anyone could have known that by raising it that much, that the result would in fact be layoffs. Ie: what they got.

If half the people affected lose their jobs after the wage goes up, I don't think it'll get 'em as many votes as they thought it would.
....and my comment was that anyone could have known that by raising it that much, that the result would in fact be layoffs. Ie: what they got.
may not be able to afford a big mac anymore either ....t

Give 'em Forever Unemployment; raise it to 300 percent of their take-home; call it an Economic Stimulus Package, put it in an Emergency Omnibus Bill...

...and they've vote Xiden long after Slo Joe is com post.

Back
Top Bottom