Mish: Has Ambrose Evans-Pritchard Lost His Mind?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
This would be funny if it weren't so serious:
The question of the day is "Has Ambrose Evans-Pritchard Lost His Mind?" The reason I ask stems from his post on The Telegraph "You are all wrong, printing money can halt Europe's crisis"

More: http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/12/has-ambrose-evans-pritchard-lost-his.html

As a hedge fund analyst I know* once told me:
For those of you who don't know, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard is deeply connected with the British political establishment. Many of his articles are unofficial position papers from that establishment.

*know = internets acquaintance

I agree with above a complete troll of the city of London..but he used to be good..now working for very Anti-European..newspaper.the uk is being marginalized as the Germans and French regroup to create a tier 2 eurozone which only includes the 17 countries using the euro and creates a tarrif against countries in Europe like the uk who have their own currencies but are not part of the euro.

At some point they either need to get a fiscal union or end the Euro. The current structure is clearly not working.

Mish posted a follow up on AEP - a conversation that he had with AEP directly:
More: http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/12/after-two-horrendous-articles-ambrose.html

Interesting. I do not necessarily agree with Mish a lot of the time, but he has his moments of prescience. AEP has, in my eyes, lost a good deal of his credibility in some arenas. While he is in fact, an insider to some degree, one has to wonder who his sources are and how they are vetted.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…