Monetary VooDoo

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

If the speculation is correct, there is going to be a lot of pain in America when the devaluation happens. I would think that that pain would spread to the global economy, but I guess the folks who are supposedly planning this have considered the risks. Is it too late to build a bunker? :paperbag:

This page charts SDRs vs. gold:

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=XAU&to=XDR

Article in OP says:
The charts contained in Rickards’ letter are not reproduced in GoldCore’s reprinting but they show the gold price measured in SDRs presenting a nearly horizontal line for the last year and a half.

I checked the chart I linked for the last year. It's not a "nearly horizontal line". It has bounced in a range from 947 to 864 and has been trending down for the last month and a half. Unsurprisingly, the chart has a very similar shape to the chart of gold vs. the dollar.

xe.com (chart I linked above) shows the current rate as being sub 900. coinmill.com shows current rate being above 1200.

Bug;

Too funny...
I do not know which quote is correct and I ain't gonna' argue about it. :)
I'll go check with the IMF site to see if there is some info there.

Marc

Last edited:
I suppose this thread can be seen as an example of how rumours can get started. :)
Sites like King World News, Silver Doctors and Zero Hedge plagiarize eachother's Spam to sell Newsletters. Here is a link( ) which explains what an SDR is and what it does.

To me it looks like a global federal reserve. Just another layer of b.s. so the elites can get another cut of the peoples money.

SDR has been in place for several years but only available to the really big boyz.
If there is a loss of confidence in the US$ then it sits ready to take the strain.

You could argue that this is a sensible pragmatic thing to have in place, or that its a way of allowing the $ to crash while still owning and controlling everything ........

Yeah... 321gold.com says $1187.00 and CoinMill says $1636.00.
They can't both be right?
Is this the manipulation people are talking about or is it buggy websites?

Marc

I'm guessing it's a buggy website. Which one that is I don't know how to verify. Calculating the true value of an SDR is way out of my zone.

i-was-told-there-would-be-no-math.jpg

oh, I see now... Coinmill has incorrect numbers for the dollar price of an ounce of gold. Any dealers using their numbers for retail buy/sell? I'd love to talk to them about some metal I found at the bottom of a local lake...

Either Kitco is fucked up... :)
Or CoinMill is fucked up.
What is the source for the quotes?
Everyone knows Comex cannot be trusted.

Marc

To me it looks like a global federal reserve. Just another layer of b.s. so the elites can get another cut of the peoples money.

Here is a thought...
The SDR is a derivative of currencies. It is a currency of currencies or currency squared(synthetic currency). :)

In the flick 'The Big Short' when Mark Baum visits Vegas to meet the dumb money he is introduced to CDO of CDO(synthetic cdo) or CDO squared.

More of the same insanity.

Marc

It's not hard to figure out which one is wrong. Just compare their price to any PM dealer. IDK of any that use the higher one.

Back
Top Bottom