Monster boxes.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Viking

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Was looking at monster boxes, anyone know why the older date ones are more expensive? 2024 was actually the cheapest. Newer coins more traceable?

They aren’t making the older-dated ones anymore? The older ones are cheaper face to face

i think its just a function of availability......2024s are easy to locate and restock.......anything else comes from existing stockpiles or sale backs.......anyone specifiying older dates are paying for the limited stock or inability for the seller to restock..........i havent looked at those boxes in a while but it also used to cost more for boxes to be in original unopened with mint strapping intact condition.......so if you buy a mint strapped box it costs you dollars to be curious lol

i think its just a function of availability......2024s are easy to locate and restock.......anything else comes from existing stockpiles or sale backs.......anyone specifiying older dates are paying for the limited stock or inability for the seller to restock..........i havent looked at those boxes in a while but it also used to cost more for boxes to be in original unopened with mint strapping intact condition.......so if you buy a mint strapped box it costs you dollars to be curious lol
“mint strapped box” are easier to sell or sell back, correct? Therefore they cost more?

“mint strapped box” are easier to sell or sell back, correct? Therefore they cost more?

Mint strapped or Mint sealed boxes command a premium because folks in the collector market like to buy them hoping that their might be some coins in the lot that will grade high at a grading service. The Mint sealed boxes contain coins that have not already been combed through by metal dealers.

i personally have never owned a mint strapped monster box ....i am to distrustful and curious and would have to open it anyway so mine are not strapped...but its basicly what pmbug posted

When the spot priced spiked to $50 in 1980 lots of numismatics went into the melter to make 1000 oz bars. Stackers don't buy hype

Back
Top Bottom