My LCS got some Eagles in

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
My guy got hold of several monster boxes of Eagles, and along with that a fat supply of average circulated junk and some numi's. Lately, he's been selling a good bit of Mountain House freeze dried stuff and some cans of Nitro-Pak survival seeds he says, but he's been buried under orders for Eagles and gold and gold fractionals. He has a guy who is bugging the shit out of him for those gold bars that break up like little Hershey bars in to gram segments, so he got ten, one-ounce segment bars for him. I think they're a rip off myself, but this guy is foaming at the mouth to get some, and he refuses to do a sale on-line, so my boy gets to peel off a vig on some already pricey bars. Those things are already the most expensive non-numismatic bars you can buy, and his vig is a percentage, so do the math. I'll stick with Eagles and generics thank you very much.:judge:

Either way, my boy is happy just to have a supply again, and I'm happy to have a reason to drag up at 5:00 with a sixer of Heineken and three hundred bucks to pick through the old junk pile.:cheers:

I placed a couple online orders a few weeks ago and haven't been into the LCS, between all the street construction, "bomb threats" , out of state drivers and the wifes leg in a cast I just haven't even felt like attempting it. I did find a 1964 dime again in my change though yesterday, or the day before, so that always makes me happy!

Are premiums going up at your LCS?

Premiums have been up for a while, but he tries his best to give me a break. Depending on how much I get, he will either sell to me at cost, or split his vig. When I can buy at bulk, which is five hundred clams or more, he'll split it with me, if I come in to buy a single ounce, just to buy something to remind myself that I need to buy something irrespective of conditions, he won't even charge the vig, just the premium.

Back
Top Bottom