? my window screen is stolen?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
It was hot- and I opened a window that was last opened a month ago. It is a new window- so in good shape- tho not the best screen design.

It is gone. There is no sign of it.

My buddy rick thinks I was almost burglarized- but I think the kids who live next door were playing- and horseplay- or the wind and sloppyness.

I am always home- if I go to the store I am back in 20 minutes. Other windows would be easy to climb in. You would need a latter to climb thru that latter. There is a ground level windo but how would you know the door that goes to that back porch goes into kitchen is one that locks.

I think I did hear commotion at my window one day. I tell myself not to get excited over every little thing.

In the mean time- I have fencing up- on the south public side- it shields the fence- as it turned out- I can see out to the street - but they can not see in. But believe me- if someone really wanted in-- you could be in -in less then 3 minutes- tho I wont post how- I am sure you can think of ways.

So I dont know what to think.

I left a note for next door-and a phone messge for the landlord- this was 2 days ago and no reply.

I am always home- if I go to the store I am back in 20 minutes. Other windows would be easy to climb in. You would need a latter to climb thru that latter. There is a ground level windo but how would you know the door that goes to that back porch goes into kitchen is one that locks.

You should have watched the show "It takes a thief" that was on one of the edu-tainment channels some years ago. They would let homeowners know they wanted to rob their house in the next week, put cameras in, and when done, give them all the stuff back and help them secure their house better. Even knowing it was coming with locked doors, security systems etc. This guy could get in, get crap loads of stuff and be out and 20 minutes was a long time for him usually it was 10-15 minutes. Sometimes he'd be leaving out one door as the person or family walked in the other door. Unless you have a very good security system and use it vigilantly, it's going to be very hard to stop a good thief from getting in.

11c- I did see a show like that. They had ex cons who served time in prison for burglaries- to break in.

It was a frightening show to watch.

Someone could be in my house in 30 seconds..

As it turns out my neighbor on the other side has damage- a broken lock- someone tried to break in. We dont know when.

So- I think I was on the list.

Most burglars will remove the screen before coming in your window so they don't strain themselves.

I plan to trim some of my brush. I also am going to be more on gaurd- I chatted with a few neighbors.

Most likely it was a 20 year old drunk or druggie who really doesnt know the area

Just remember make sure he's all the way through the window before you shoot him.

If he knew what was inside he would have tried harder. Once inside tho he would be confused.

That's not necessary for a Castle Doctrine defense in some states. If you fear for your life (and who wouldn't when someone is trying to enter your home after you repeatedly warn them not to), you can shoot them through doors or windows to stop an imminent threat.

http://triblive.com/news/2194609-74...mstances-facts-justified-malanosky-shot-state

I'd still wait till he's all the way through the window. It's not just juries that do strange things, but so do prosecutors, judges, and cops. I got into an argument with one of our cities finest many years ago who didn't even know we had a castle doctrine here. Would you have wanted her being the one showing up and finding a dead hairball outside your window? Then getting it turned over to a prosecutor who doesn't like the castle doctrine and knows a judge of the same mind set? I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6, but I would rather keep it out of the courtroom altogether if possible.

local important people have long been in a crazy mode. That corruption has increased.

We just busted the 2nd in less then a month- dui-- local govt workers.. and one is arresting stealing from the cub scouts.

If things get crazy- my first action is to compare notes with the neighbors. We have already texted when a strange car is out.

Back
Top Bottom