New floors?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
I thought silver had found a fairly solid floor at 16, and maybe this dip below could be temporary, but for some reason I just have a feeling the next couple months will see it get below 15, possibly nearer to 10 than 15. Gold now well below 1200 again, will it get below 1100? how about 1000? If so, It might be tough to resist adding more gold than silver, even if silver is barely over 10. If they don't dip do we just linger in a narrow trading range for untold years? I guess I just like to see movement in them either way.

oh my head- I thought you were remodling. Silver is like a bouncing ball....

All metals markets, including PMs, in December tend to be towards the lows for the year. Usually after the first of the year metals markets tend to rise into the Easter period which is often the highs for the year.

For well over 30 years I have always tried to load up on metals in Nov & Dec with the intent on selling them around Easter the next year. 90% of the time (36 out of 40 years) that strategy has worked for me. Even in the off years I at least broke even.

So, I see weakness in PMs through the end of the year with a spike next year around Easter, but still far far below the record highs, probably with a max of around $20 for silver and $1400 for gold.

Back
Top Bottom