New Forum User - Seeking Online Purchasing Advice

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BullionGuy79

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
How is everyone doing today?

I am new to this forum so I thought I would just take a moment to say hi and get myself familiar with the other members.

I am from the West Coast, Vancouver to be specific and over the last few years I have become more interested in buying, selling and trading gold and other precious metals. If anyone has any good advice for me when it comes to buying and selling online that would be great.

Also, if anyone can recommend good sites for buy/selling online that would be a bonus.

Thanks for reading my post.

I've bought once from APMEX, and twice from Goldmart. I also looked at BullionDirect, Kitco, Provident and Liberty CPM.

When buying online, several things to consider:
1) What are their premiums on the items you want to buy?
2) Do you have to pay sales tax on the quantity you buy?
3) Do they accept personal checks? Because credit card fees and/or wire transfer fees add up QUICK!
4) Do they require you to buy a certain quantity to get a lower price?
5) How much do they charge for shipping for your order size?
6) Do they add handling, insurance, etc. to the shipping fee?

When I factored in premiums, discounts, fees, etc. Goldmart was the cheapest out of the vendors I mentioned above.

Good luck and have fun.

Hi BG79, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Are you still in Canada? Do you have any issues importing precious metals from US dealers? I'm not familiar with import/export rules on that.

We have a forum room for people to post reviews/experiences with various PM dealers. Have a look: http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f8/

You mentioned buying *and selling*. If you are looking at metals as a trading vehicle, you might want to consider something like bullionvault or goldmoney (allocated accounts where metal is held in a vault somewhere and you can easily buy/sell with a low vig) or one of the various "paper metal" vehicles like ETFs. Most folks around here are "stackers" - buying physical metal to hold for the long term (many members are both stackers and traders). Doesn't really matter either way as far as being a member here, we welcome everyone - but I wanted to highlight the point that if you are looking to trade, physical metal isn't necessarily best vehicle for it. $.02

Back
Top Bottom