Now is the time to go "all in" on silver investments.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Golsil

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Not a prediction but from my keen observation of what has happened over the past few months regarding stocks and the new uses for silver, now is the perfect time to add as much silver as possible, to your precious metals investment. Silver is about to quickly advance in value, and as I now see it, towards new record demands that will keep this metal going up and up to a value that hasn't been seen previously. If you wait further to invest, you will lose out as the present time is prime to go "all in" on silver.

rblong2us... Right on.. Yes, let's do it. Why the wait?

I notice a lot of Views but few Replies. It only takes a moment to make a comment. Please... we would like to have your views. Views are your own personal observations and anyone reading this, should respect that. Many times, some of us use the information and ideas from the comments to better our investing techniques. So you see, your comments, suggestions and whatnot are greatly appreciated.

... Silver is about to quickly advance in value, ...

Maybe. Most of us have been riding this train for many years (certainly since 2007/2008 when the fan got somewhat dirty). One thing I can tell you is that price doesn't always behave logically/rationally. If it did, IMO, silver would be several multiples of what it is currently.

For folks with a stacker mentality, it's about preservation of wealth in the face of currency risks. A steady acculumation at current prices is a bargain.

rblong2us... Right on.. Yes, let's do it. Why the wait?

Because the last time I did, I lost ( and am still down ) about £25k

and JP Morgan Chase, with global operations in 60 countries and a net asset of USD 2 trillion, is still world number one global investment bank in the world ......

Yes, I have lost money on silver too, some $8.00 - $10.00 / ounce. But, I am not letting it go. Silver has interesting properties and lots of use. It's also the best for a SHTF...

But I have bigger money in platinum (for optimists: Chinese cars & trucks will need it to clean up their air). Au and Pt are value-dense too, a small volume holds a lot of value. $20,000 in silver takes a lot of space and weight...

Palladium is worth a look, particularly if car fuel-cells ever take off.

Steel bearings for car wheels might be worth a look... ;)

Gold is my main pm holding. I hope to emulate the Rich European Families I hear FOFOA writing about, the ones who pass gold down through the generations. And STAY rich.

For me the real lesson has been that I can let go of it .......

Yeah Ive spent my life building a stash for the bad times ahead ( always just around the corner ) and a time when I can no longer work ( the nature of work seems to change with age ) and now Ive got an oz of gold a month available until beyond a reasonable life expectation.

And oddly, Im not that bothered about what happens to it.

Ive learnt that while its good to have a fall back position, its better to live your life as you find it today and make the most of your skills / gifts.

I wonder how many can do this, even among the giants that FOFOA refers to ?

rblong2us has this sneaky habit of raising great issues! :agree:

I too have reached the point where I really do not feel that I have to raise my PM-stash much more. That does not mean it will not grow, but it will grow much more slowly, as I am pretty much "there".

At what point is enough? I have a pretty good idea in my case... And my values are "evolving" (ugh word, but, that's my present state).

I would have no idea re FOFOA's Giants, as those guys are SO RICH, yet perhaps they think of all this as a game...

Maybe people in general just have this tendency to think that another 20% (10%, 50%) would "solve" all of their problems...

On the other hand, now that our daughter just got married off OK in Peru, it may be time for a nice gift to the newlyweds...

:)

being 'so rich' may just have its downsides.

Gotta worry about protecting it all from those who target you and your stash

You never had to learn skills because you could always just buy them

Do you have any real friends ?

Recognising 'enough' is a useful skill I reckon

Indeed, we all have our own reasons for that moment when we decide to put more into our investments and probably more so in the decision process why we invest. I find it to be somewhat of a personal effort to efficiently spend money to make money. There is no shortage of clear information when one wants to make the effort to listen to what's happening in the investments field. You should get further advice if necessary and then follow your instincts, after you determine that you will only act on your clear vision of the facts. Experience certainly is the mother of wisdom.

In regards to the transmission of gold and silver over the past few hours it appears that those two have changed gears and are presently headed up sharply. But not to worry, this is in my opinion only temporary. Gold and Silver will come down soon, just as quickly as they have increased. But get ready for the run, as this will happen possibly near the end of June, this year.

They are up because the dollar is down in forex trading. It's not (yet?) a sign of strength IMO.

Yes and no. That is not the only reason. Do some research and you will be provided with the other information that I have.

Strange though how we represent our views in a one way fashion. If only it were that simple.

Crash the Morgue?
I'm thinking of buying a Monster Box or Two of American Silver Eagles...
Will that do the trick. :)

Marc

Good luck Marc. We're all counting on you.

all-counting-on-you.jpg

Wheres Golsil ?

He was keen that we all piled in 9 months ago and in fairness there has been a major turn in the metals prices since he first posted.

Im still hoping he will share those secrets -

'Do some research and you will be provided with the other information that I have. '

Where should I research Golsil ?

Last edited:
I wasn't making fun of you. Just having some fun in general (and playing off your crash the morgue comment).

Well I was serious...
If I'm gonna buy silver I may as well do it with conviction. :)
If things do get really really bad even a thousand ounces might not be enough.
I was reading in the Bullion Dealer review threads and was wondering which one to go with.
Monster Boxes ship directly from the Mint So the dealers don't have to stock those, right?

Marc

Dealers get their boxes from the mint. You might find a price difference on unsealed vs. sealed boxes. Other than that, check the shipping and insurance policies.

I like silver. :)

Well, I'm sorry Fellas...
Was unable to decide about where to buy because I have trust issues with online dealers.
But I did sell $27,000.00 worth of PHYS, though, and put it into PSLV. It ain't physical in hand but if Silver flies I'll be on the ride. :)

Marc

Hmmm

gold breaking through 1240 and silver above 18
are we seeing a bit of reality creeping in ?

I would be pretty scared if my stash was in any of the paper trades but the masses seem to think that the Central Banks will support the markets no matter what .....

I feel safe and reassured when gold prices stay low but occasionally I allow myself to feel optimistic about the near term future.

Is it a good time to buy then ?

http://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/g..._campaign=Feed:+Silverdoctors+(SilverDoctors)

Last edited:
My crystal ball is broken. It always thinks it's a good time to buy.

See how unreliable my crystal ball is? Now is an even better time to buy.

Good thing someone monkey hammered silver. I was beginning to think it was finally headed back to $25+.

This is a great place to be...on this forum.

I'd love some input--any suggestions about how I can purchase precious metal cons without losing the 10%?

Time to get into some mining stock ?

https://www.peakprosperity.com/podc...email_newsletter&utm_content=node_link_113761

Fred Hickey, frequent cited expert on Bloomberg News and Barron's Roundtable, has been publishing his author extremely well-respected investment newsletter, The High-Tech Strategist, for 31 years. And he is more worried about the state of the financial markets today than he's ever been.

While his primary focus has been on analyzing Tech stocks, over the years he has expanded into macro trend analysis as the central banks starting increasingly intervening in world markets and distorting the price of money.

He now finds asset prices dangerously overvalued (within Tech and without) and worries -- as we do -- about the risk of a major market correction and possible currency crises.

Ironically, this lifelong expert in "all things technology" has concluded that gold (the "barbaric relic") is the sanest asset to put one's capital in these days -- both due to its safety factor and its current level of undervaluation. He expects the precious metals to fare well during the downward market volatility he foresees, and he is now tracking the mining stocks closely as he predicts they will experience dramatic appreciation from here.

I'm getting the feeling that the 2007/2008 crisis conditioned people just like the boy who cried wolf. The "Fed's lie" - propping up the stock market well into irrational territory - has been happening so long now that, while people might not actually believe in the lie, they just don't care any more. Folks are just chasing returns wherever they can and worrying about fundamentals or risk mitigation is just a quaint notion for losers. I think a lot of people are going to get hurt when the worm turns.

And the worm is getting ready to turn. Might not look like it now, but we are in a bubble and bubbles never last. Just a matter of time. My bet is weakness starting to show later this year (like 2007), then a crash ala 2008 in 2019, which by the way I have been saying for years even several time in various places in the PMBug forums.

I have had the following on every page of my website for over a year:

Key Dates to Watch as of 24 October 2008

Friday, 30 August 2019 - Summer stock market high,
Friday, 26 October 2019 - October stock market low,
Down 40% in 56 days!

didnt want to wait that long mmerlinn but then I guess we have had to learn patience .... Ive almost forgotten that I have my lifes savings in metals (-:

And if the market plays out as you predicted all those years ago, you will be a guru for future investors to take careful note of ! ( at least one anyway )

didnt want to wait that long mmerlinn but then I guess we have had to learn patience .... Ive almost forgotten that I have my lifes savings in metals (-:

Anyone who gets in a hurry always loses money. The worst thing one can do is panic, and since one of the words for a crash is a panic, people panicking make crashes worse, and those that panic tend to lose everything.

BTW, this is my third time around predicting crashes. I am trying for three perfect predictions in a row. Not likely going to live long enough to make it four in a row in October 2027 (Friday the 29th).

Hello again;

It would appear Uncle Sam got a swift kick in the nuts today and I'm feeling the MonsterBox itch again so I decided to re-visit this thread.

I've been viewing Mike Maloney's 'Hidden Secrets of Money' videos and he seems legit. Has anyone on here bought product from him?

Marc

I have not bought anything from MM, but I have only ever read good things about him (ie. never ran across anyone complaining about having done business with him).

Down 40% in 56 days!

October 26, 2019 is a Saturday

Down 40% in 56 days!

October 26, 2019 is a Saturday

OOPS.:(

Since the stock market is closed on Saturday, the bottom will be the day before, on Friday, 25 October 2019.

I will be correcting the info on my website, too, since the markets will not be open on that day.

Back
Top Bottom