Octoberfest beer is expensive

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
When merry revelers lift their steins to mark the start of Germany’s annual Oktoberfest, they might want to sip slowly, given they will now be paying €13.75 ($14.67) per beer.

A stein is supposed to be 1 liter, but with foam it's probably a bit short of that. 1 liter is 33.814 ounces so a stein there is roughly equivalent to 2 and 3/4 of 12oz bottles/cans. Half a sixpack for a decent craft brew at my local store runs $10 and up. So an Octoberfest stein is roughly equivalent to $5 of store bought beer for me. It's 3x the cost, but that seems reasonable when you think about the markups on food/drink at theme parks, movie theaters, or anywhere else that you are a captive audience.

It's like a beer at a baseball game. You're paying for the experience, more than the beer.

Oktoberfest is comely frauleins prancing around in short-hemmed uniforms, teasing the older men with their gams. It's public drinking that's been otherwise out of fashion for more than 50 years.

AND it's celebration in a nation that right now has little to celebrate. With the Ukraine idiocy, with Pedo Joe blowing up their natural-gas pipeline, and then being ordered to cover for him...Germany is slipping into a DEEP recession, bordering on economic collapse. Add that to all the Jab deaths and injuries. So there will be far fewer carefree drinkers in lederhosen; and the various pub landlords still have to make the rent, the VAT, the other taxes, and the electric bill.

It's like a beer at a baseball game. You're paying for the experience, more than the beer.

Oktoberfest is comely frauleins prancing around in short-hemmed uniforms, teasing the older men with their gams. It's public drinking that's been otherwise out of fashion for more than 50 years.

AND it's celebration in a nation that right now has little to celebrate. With the Ukraine idiocy, with Pedo Joe blowing up their natural-gas pipeline, and then being ordered to cover for him...Germany is slipping into a DEEP recession, bordering on economic collapse. Add that to all the Jab deaths and injuries. So there will be far fewer carefree drinkers in lederhosen; and the various pub landlords still have to make the rent, the VAT, the other taxes, and the electric bill.
CJ,
You clearly have never been to Munich in October... needless to say it ranks right up there with the running of the bulls and Rio during festival..

Look at what Disney charges its captives once they are in the theme park. Five dollars for a bottle of water and, instead of having an attractive blonde with huge tatas serving you, you get a 200-pound bearded man wearing a Princess outfit and high heels.

CJ,
You clearly have never been to Munich in October... needless to say it ranks right up there with the running of the bulls and Rio during festival..
No, I never have.

Germany, like London, like, frankly, many places here...those were experiences I had not the time for; but they are now gone or changed.

Germany because of its pending economic collapse, its invasion of Middle East looters, and its toxic Jabbed population.

I don't see what I'm missing. A lot of fake merriment involving middle-aged mildly-intoxicated men, and, as I said, picture-postcard German young women? Hopefully with all their tattoos covered.

Germany was the only place that I have had a hot chick pick me up as I stepped off a train with a backpack.... yes it was during Oktoberfest.

And how much did you weigh at the time?

quote]

Back
Top Bottom