One Billionaire Invests Half His Net Worth in Gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
and Jim Rickards reckons Trump will have to reboot the US$ and back it with gold pretty soon. Jim thinks $10 000 per troy oz is the magic number ..........

I like Jims thinking (-: I reckon Naguib is being a bit pessimistic

Last edited:
Jim Willie is a human alarm claxon and he's been sounding dire warnings for so long he's like the boy who cried wolf.

Sinclair makes an interesting observation, but his conclusions don't necessarily follow. That Goldman wants to maintain dominance in the digital age doesn't necessarily imply that there is a high level plan in place for a reboot. Maybe they are seizing on lack of a plan with a Field of Dream scenario - if we build it, they will come - but that doesn't sound like a solid business decision.

I'm skeptical of a planned reboot. I think (western) TPTB want to maintain the status quo as much as possible.

Yeah, 50% of assets in gold is a bit aggressive.
Must be a risk/reward thing...

My investable net worth allocation is:
38% Cash yielding 1.75%
44% PHYS
18% PSLV

So if the dollar goes to 0 I won't be SOL. :)

Marc

Hi Dumballdore
Yes anyone can claim anything when it comes to predictions and projecting trends has often been the basis for prediction.
The charts only reliably show us what has happened in the past though.

As for proof, I guess we have to trawl through old predictions to see who got it right
and perhaps learn from them why/how they did.

A lot of us old time bugs used to swear by the correlation between the $ price of gold and the issuance of $ 's ie US Debt, to predict POG. This correlation broke in 2011 and many think it will reconnect once true price discovery is allowed.

As for McAfee's predickshun, theres still plenty of time (-:

I think Ron Paul and Peter Schiff, among others, were warning of this for quite a while.

Was listening to 'Jesus Radio' the other day and some lady said her husband put 90% of their money into gold.
Sort of a 'Hail Mary' wager I guess. :)

Marc

Damn. I'm not that brave (or rich - living off 10% of all my money wouldn't be pretty).

heh

I did it in September 2011 ...........
sold the house, took my half and shared it between bullionvault and goldmoney in Zurich.

Think they have probably done ok though )-:

But I sleep easy knowing that its NOT in banks or paper investments (-:

And its there if / when I need it.
In the mean time, I have learnt that I do not need it and am quite detached from it.

So leap of faith, crazy or something else ?

oh and I'm living off free money from the Gov ! For as long as I want it .......

Last edited:
you spend 45 years mostly working to pay for property and raising family, and paying banks and Gov for the privilege and suddenly one fine day it all changes.

The property loans get paid off the kids are grown up and independent

and now its the Govs turn to pay me as I'm officially 'worn out' but did my bit as a slave to the system.

They call it pension and its more than enough for my needs, as my needs are pretty minimal (-:

you spend 45 years mostly working to pay for property and raising family, and paying banks and Gov for the privilege and suddenly one fine day it all changes.

The property loans get paid off the kids are grown up and independent

and now its the Govs turn to pay me as I'm officially 'worn out' but did my bit as a slave to the system.

They call it pension and its more than enough for my needs, as my needs are pretty minimal (-:

That's what I thought you meant but I wouldn't call it free.

Back
Top Bottom