Open interest in the paper metals

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Turd says this week is going to be very significant for the paper traders:
I hope you're ready. Everything that has transpired since May in silver and September in gold has led us to this moment. The next five to seven trading days will tell us everything. Either the metals will win their individual Battles Royale or they won't. If they win, price will accelerate to the upside. If they fail, the metals will likely settle into another sideways consolidation that lasts well into spring. ...

More (recommended): http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/3441/please-read-extremely-important-post

Last week saw a massive influx of new money and naked shorts by the banks into the paper market (for both gold and silver).

:popcorn:

My gut tells me we're up for a significant correction.
Technically, pms are overbought, the dollar is oversold, stockmarkets are up for a correction too. Silver lease rates are falling. The 100 million oz of paper silver which were unloaded on friday are not a good sign either, maybe somebody frontran the market...

I am no fan of paper. Stack physical.

Idea:

Stack physical and buy (Spot - 5%) puts on the same metal. If the price goes up, your stack being worth more fiat: be happy. If the price goes down, sell the put and buy physical at the new lower spot: be happy.

No physical at all Penn? MF Global didn't set off any warning bells?

Back
Top Bottom