ounce.me shows platinum cheap again vs. gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

My favorite quick way to check prices of various commodities (inc. Au, Pt and Bitcoin) is:

ounce.me

a quick way to get up to speed with finance all on one page.

Pt is around $1130, Au at $1160. So, platinum is once again below gold (usually it's the other way around), the discount for Pt is now around 2.5%. Typically Pt sells at a PREMIUM to gold, say around 10% but varies a lot.

By the by, Bitcoin has been inching up (now at about $295).

EDIT: My thread title is bad, that website is indeed ounce.me (not .com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enable javascript.

Javascript is always enabled. Every time I go to my website, everything works there, and some of it requires JS to work. And just to be sure, I checked my website, then the link above. Javascript on my site works. The link above only shows zeroes.

Same exact thing happens both on my Mac as well a my WinJunk machines.

Javascript is always enabled. Every time I go to my website, everything works there, and some of it requires JS to work. And just to be sure, I checked my website, then the link above. Javascript on my site works. The link above only shows zeroes.

Same exact thing happens both on my Mac as well a my WinJunk machines.

Odd, I have no such problem with that website. Anyone else having issues?

I browse the web with the Firefox browser and the NoScript plug in. The NoScript plug in allows me to selectively allow/disallow javascript from any source. My default is to disallow javascript from all sources. When I visit ounce.me, I only see zeros too - until I tell NoScript to allow javascript from ounce.me. Then I see the updates as expected. YMMV.

Hmmm, never heard of the NoScript plugin, so that definitely is not my problem. The only plugin that I have in FF is FireFTP. which works slickly on WinJunk, but is ugly and clunky on the Mac.

Yea I think the price for platinum is quite attractive at the moment. I want to get a Perth Mint platypus at some point, or possible a platinum maple leaf.

Yea I think the price for platinum is quite attractive at the moment. I want to get a Perth Mint platypus at some point, or possible a platinum maple leaf.

I love when platinum falls below the price of gold! Like usual, platinum eagles are way over priced compared to Maple Leafs. I hadn't considered the platypus before, but they seem reasonably priced as well.

Chrissilver & benjamen

Yes, I just received a Pt Platypus, the Pt Eagles are hard to find now, and the one I did find (Provident) has them for something like $180 over spot (yikes!).

Diversification in PMs is my middle name...

Back
Top Bottom