ounce.me shows platinum cheap again vs. gold

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score

My favorite quick way to check prices of various commodities (inc. Au, Pt and Bitcoin) is:

ounce.me

a quick way to get up to speed with finance all on one page.

Pt is around $1130, Au at $1160. So, platinum is once again below gold (usually it's the other way around), the discount for Pt is now around 2.5%. Typically Pt sells at a PREMIUM to gold, say around 10% but varies a lot.

By the by, Bitcoin has been inching up (now at about $295).

EDIT: My thread title is bad, that website is indeed ounce.me (not .com)

Last edited by a moderator:

mmerlinn

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Enable javascript.
Javascript is always enabled. Every time I go to my website, everything works there, and some of it requires JS to work. And just to be sure, I checked my website, then the link above. Javascript on my site works. The link above only shows zeroes.

Same exact thing happens both on my Mac as well a my WinJunk machines.

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Javascript is always enabled. Every time I go to my website, everything works there, and some of it requires JS to work. And just to be sure, I checked my website, then the link above. Javascript on my site works. The link above only shows zeroes.

Same exact thing happens both on my Mac as well a my WinJunk machines.
Odd, I have no such problem with that website. Anyone else having issues?

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
I browse the web with the Firefox browser and the NoScript plug in. The NoScript plug in allows me to selectively allow/disallow javascript from any source. My default is to disallow javascript from all sources. When I visit ounce.me, I only see zeros too - until I tell NoScript to allow javascript from ounce.me. Then I see the updates as expected. YMMV.

mmerlinn

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Hmmm, never heard of the NoScript plugin, so that definitely is not my problem. The only plugin that I have in FF is FireFTP. which works slickly on WinJunk, but is ugly and clunky on the Mac.

Chrissilver

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Yea I think the price for platinum is quite attractive at the moment. I want to get a Perth Mint platypus at some point, or possible a platinum maple leaf.

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Yea I think the price for platinum is quite attractive at the moment. I want to get a Perth Mint platypus at some point, or possible a platinum maple leaf.
I love when platinum falls below the price of gold! Like usual, platinum eagles are way over priced compared to Maple Leafs. I hadn't considered the platypus before, but they seem reasonably priced as well.

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score

Chrissilver & benjamen

Yes, I just received a Pt Platypus, the Pt Eagles are hard to find now, and the one I did find (Provident) has them for something like $180 over spot (yikes!).

Diversification in PMs is my middle name...