pain pills now a schedule 2 drug- was #3

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://www.nwahomepage.com/story/d/story/-/mt8HW8xnsU2yM2MzHS-pqw

the fda moved vicodin to a class 2 drug. This is same classification as amphetamine. class 1 is a slot for which there is no medical purpose.

I will still be able to get them- but now I will have to drive to pick up a paper rx each month. This will pollute the earth. Now we get to waste 40 minutes of my time burning gas... and millions of others too.

I phoned the DR office to ask if there was any more surprises and the gal said the same rule applies to tramadol. But when I looked that up- it seems to be schedule 4.

It floors me- my cousin who is always photographed with a glass of booze in her hand thinks this is good- more restrictions.

Tramadol makes no sense. It only binds to one opiate receptor, much like Immodium, which is available over the counter. However, I hear that withdraw from Tramadol can be worse than that for Oxycontin.

I am worried about the stuff I am reading. I think it is I am reading that pain drs been opting out of opiates all together. I read some interpret this bill to mean you have to be seen once a month.

I am willing to drive to get the rx. It is a waste- if you have 10% of 310 million people now driving 40 more minutes a month. I am willing to drive tho. If I have to be seen- then my life gets more complicated. If I have to be seen every month I want something stronger then vicodin and we are going to make it worth the effort. For example my shoulder pain will be addressed.

I dont view vicodin in the same danger level as amphetamine or ambien- in fact I would rate ambien/xanax the most dangerous- then amphetamine and then vicodin. The reason being is sedative/sedative hypnotics- are an easy way to have a car accident.

I dont make the rules tho.

I am 51 years old, and people are going to do what they want. Opiates are a known substance. We know what it is. Its been around many decades. New designer drugs we dont know.

My old dr - it was an all day event to have a dr appointment. they did tests in house all the time- for the heart. You spend the day there every time.

My current dr is pretty cool. He knows I look things up and participate in my health care. He does not put me thru the ringer. Federal law tho- - I would not expect him to breach.

Ambien also is now a paper rx. If you are on anything controlled make a note of it- that it might be harder to get now. I wont take ambien because I was sleep cooking. I woke up with no memory of cooking and a mess in the kitchen.

I just wish you guys would try and stop putting big pharma's shit into your bodies.

There are so many natural remedies out there ............

It saddens me to read how important these poisons seem to be to you.

I have not been to a doctor for more years than I can recall and yes Ive had a few problems but theyve all been fixed using natural alternatives.

I very recently blatted a finger to the point that the flesh was totally severed beside the nail and pushed out to the side about a quarter inch. All witneses to my stupidity said go to hospital and get some stitches ( its free here in blighty)

I used wee ( mine ) and covered the poorly finger with tissue paper and masking tape. In less time than the stitches would have been in place the finger is looking good and back in use. Theres been NO pain ...........

I hear you rblong, but your perspective might change if you ever experience what I did a few months ago - bulging disc in lower back, strained piriformis muscle and bursitis (or torn tendon where hamstring meets butt). The pain was so intense, I could not sit, stand or sleep. Had to use hydrocodone just to make it through the day until the steroid injections finally provided some relief. There is a place for these drugs and they can be used responsibly by those who need them.

Yes I agree intense pain is hard to fix using natural alternatives.

I have 'faced down' a tooth abscess on 2 occasions using cloves and mindpower ( willing the pain away ) but it aint easy.

And that stuff they put in your eye when you have to go get rusting shrapnel removed ..... cant argue with it (-:

What I really am unhappy about is the way people accept long term / permanent cocktails of drugs, all with side effects, as though its the right thing when its only right for big pharma who would just love to get us all onto long term medications.

Ha HA HA HA Rblong!!

That stuff they put in your eye is tincture of cocaine, that's why it works so well. As for the bad tooth, I have had awesome success using colloidal silver to stamp down the infection so that I didn't have to take antibiotics. Ever since I had to do a three week course of Levaquin, my gits have not been right. That was over five years ago.

I understand that it saddens you. But I am an adult- and I can decide what I want for me.

Are people who over eat sugar any less harmed? I doubt it.

More red tape is a bad thing.

Now elderly in a nursing home- will go for hours- while the red tape is in the way. The rule is an outrage.

When the GOP is in charge it is easier to get pain pills. Lets hope the GOP wins.

I have used iodine to heal some.

Opium IS natural. It grows wild in a field. The tylenol added to it- wreck the liver. Caffienne, and nicotine also come from plants- so you could say they are natural too.

One bad thing about pills is- they have corn starch in them- GMO. So even if you avoid GMOs you get it in meds and in vitamins.

Booze- a bunch of grapes will brew into wine. There have been sitings of wildlife that have been drunk. So booze is natural too.

Booze is sugar.

Sugar can cause you to go blind- and to have your foot cut off. Diatbetes is a much larger problem then they let on.

and then there is michele Obamas goals... on what we are allowed to consume.

as adults, we are all free to choose what we put into our bodies Penn.

We can always justify it ......

Well, I choose very old, single-malt scotch to "sooth myself" and I take the occasional ibuprofen. I had a horrific truck wreck years ago [as a passenger in my late teens] and was taking opioid painkillers for a few years, so I know what it feels like to stop eating those things. After a while, it makes changes in your brain that are hard to reverse, but if enough time passes, they change back to normal. Now, when I wreck my back out beyond my own ability to treat and/or tolerate, I am given either percocet or vicodin, but I know better than to take it more than a couple times a day, and I know not to try and use them to be pain free. That only happens the first few times a person takes them, so the next prescription has less and less positive effect. I agree that far too many painkillers are out there, but I think it is largely the fault of physicians prescribing them like tic-tacs.

I wont argue that they are not harmless.

Yes- they can be abused.

Some drs will pre date the rx. I doubt mine will tho. Another way to look at life- is all the luxuries we have. Hot water, heat, electric- we eat every day.

My guess is this new law will be reversed later.

We just had a 9 year old OD and die. Where are the parents?

Oh yeah? We [Florida] had a little kid take a hundred rocks of high quality crystal meth to school that he thought was candy. He passed them out to classmates for over an hour before a teacher saw what he was doing and told him to let her see what he had. Same thing happened with a kid [first grader] and his mothers boyfrineds heroin.

Neighbor lady was crying- her cat is in being fixed and they want $85 more- which she doesnt have... for a cyst on the cat.

I walked over some antibiotics for her cat. I explained how I would treat the cat. I ran it past my sister first to be sure.

So now I am a hero- I helped her cat.

The vet would not let her make payments. $85. The 2 pills she has will make 8 servings. That and peroxide- if it doesnt clear in a few weeks - then she will go to the cheap vet further away-= who DOES take a payment.

The point is- we set up gates on everything- toll gates- you have to pay the toll to get thru- get permission.

The populace is so dumbed down- we will have more of this.

The gal was crying for her cat. Now she has a plan, and the means. I love win-win.

Back
Top Bottom