Perfect storm for pm volatility coming on April 25th (FOMC & opex)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This was a big victory today for gold shares. GDX was up 2.5% even though gold was flat. GDXJ was up 3.46%. They still have a long way to go but it was very constructive for the GDX:GLD ratio.

We aren't out of the woods yet. Employment numbers are coming up and they will be huge.

Every day is a big day for PM volatility.

I am increasingly concerned by the number of PM investors who take a day-to-day, news-driven approach to things.

You buy PM's for the long term as a store of wealth and forget about the daily headlines. They are manipulated as badly as the paper PM's are.

"Gold is up/down/flat because of -----"
"Silver is up/down/flat because of -----"

NO THEY ARE NOT! You cannot have it both ways. If people believe the paper price of gold/silver is manipulated, then they have to realize that the manipulators use a 'cover' for their actions. The cover is whatever news they want to spin.

All I am saying is that the price of gold and silver has little to do with the news of the day.

That is something the manipulators use to cover their manipulations. The sooner that truth is drilled into the minds of people (especially the PM bug crowd) the better off they will be.

All I am saying is that the price of gold and silver has little to do with the news of the day.

There are narratives being told and then there is news. Narratives are used to explain the action we don't understand. Real news does moves markets.

Back
Top Bottom