Personal difficulties

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bushi

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just thought I will share with you one tough shit that my family is being through ATM - my wife has been badly, badly attacked and mauled by our neighbours' dog - American Akita. She was attacked completely out of nowhere, while passing the neighbor, who was walking her dog, on the street of our town.

After all what had happened, and the savageness of the attack, we are lucky that she is still alive, and that she will have no lasting physical damages (her right arm was in freaking pieces - despite wearing very thick and dense kind of fleece jumper (thicker and denser than Polar), AND Goretex coat on top of it -without them, I am horrified to think what would have happened, this fucking beast would rip her arm right off - and the doctors told us that the bites were running so deep, and millimeters from major arteries/nerves). I was at home with kids when it had happened, and she was completely helpless against this dog - just too powerful for her - long live fucking guns control!!!! (fuck, where I live it is an offence to even have a knife on you in public - but I'll be damned if I left home without my CRKT M21 folder on me from now on, and fuck the offence - even I would hardly stand a chance against a dog like that, with my bare hands only - and I am not small guy, not particularly shy from confrontation when required to defend myself, and trained in hand combat for years)

That is why I wasn't around for a while, and probably won't have too much time to hang around here in the weeks to come.

Keep up, and mind yourselves. Oh, and BTFDs, when the PM thing stops falling down ;)

Dogs are animals, but unfortunately many people treat them as though they have human intelligence and personalities and are completely careless about other peoples safety. I hope you are able to get some kind of monetary relief for the terrible pain you and your wife suffered. The owner should be held completely liable for allowing that dog to get close enough to attack and unfortunately the dog should be euthanized before it attacks again and suceeds in killing somebody. Good luck.

Last edited:
From the AKC page:

Although known to be a quiet dog (they are known as the "Silent Hunter" in Japan), the Akita has strong guarding instincts and will sound the alarm if an intruder breaks into their house. Akita temperament can range from calm to bouncy and aggressive, so the breed should always be supervised around small children and other animals. Akitas like to be "pack leader," so obedience training is also necessary for a harmonious household. The breed will groom itself like a cat, but daily brushing is still necessary, as is daily exercise.

So obviously the owner did not "train" this dog very well.

The only real aggressiveness it would show "should" be when guarding a dwelling.

I've been attacked by a Rottweiler before I can vouch for how serious and painful any attack by a dog can be.

Wishing a speedy recovery for your wife! Sorry to hear brother and take care.

-Q

Bushi,
So sorry to hear.
I love dogs but I've learned you can never trust them fully.
Prayers for your wifes recovery.

Wow Bushi

thats fucking harsh ! I really hope your good lady makes a full recovery.

I was out on my bike recently and passed a woman walking a rhodesian ridgeback on a short lead. I waited for her to get on the side of the trail then went to pass quietly and slowly but the beast was eager to sniff my flesh and it literally dragged her along the ground as I made a swift exit. Bloody good job she held on to the beast otherwise I could have been lunch.

Hey I love dogs but they really have to be 100% reliable otherwise they should not be allowed to be domestic pets.

How truly awful! Best regards to your wife Bushi. Take care of what's important.

Bushi,
I am so sorry to hear this about your wife. I hope she recovers very fast. Hope to hear back from you soon, but until then, take care of thing on the homestead.

Thanks for all your support guys. We both love dogs ourselves, but unlike way too many other dog owners, we KNOW about dogs, too. Worse thing is, we were repeatedly pointing them out problematic and potentially dangerous character traits that their Akita was showing - while growing up from a lovely fur ball, to a fecking killer. Unfortunately, their level of IQ is about that of the dog, and they were promptly ignoring/playing down/dismissing/denying whatever we said to them about what their dog's behavior means, what it tells about his perceived position in a hierarchy (which was: 1. his man-owner 2. The dog 3. The rest of the world, that's including the rest of his family), and what is a most probable outcome some day, if they keep reacting the same way (which was: do nothing, or play down his dominant demeanor, or keep repeating "oh, he didn't meant this or that". Yeah, sure)

Cannot say I am feeling sorry for the dog that has to be put down, after what has happened, but these feckers, I wouldn't mind if they were put down as well - this is all their responsibility & their responsibility ONLY, that they simply deny to take on, and just try to get on with their lousy lives as it is business as usual.

Motherfuckers - they moved out since the incident (they were renting), they refused to put the dog down (this is against the law in Ireland, but cops need to get the court warrant to get the dog first, if the owner refuses to do it voluntarily - and usually, nobody refuses, because there's no fecking point in doing that and pissing the Gardai off!), and now they are lying to the cops, that they have already sold the dog (they are hiding it someplace), so the cops have first to find him, before getting court order to enter the property where the dog is being kept.

If I ever needed definition of fecking idiots, without any compassion AND brains, I just need to think of these two idiots.

...and these people have 8 years old kid themselves... and that dog was always treating him like a rubber chicken to play and chew on. We were telling them "don't let him do this as a puppy, NEVER let him do this, unless you want him to attack someone someday, when he grows up and becomes more territorial & mean". Here we are. Only in our worse nightmares we wouldn't think such an utter horror will ever happen to us.

Anyway, I could go on forever (and perhaps even knock ancona from his rantmaster position unintentionally - see, I know the hierarchy myself ;)), so I'd better stop right here. I think they'll get right what they deserve, because cops are pissed off with them royally, and will prosecute them for various offences related to this attack, even without the dog - from what I've heard from them, they will rip their arses apart, and they actually might end up doing time for what has happened. Dog not being muzzled, owner not being able to physically constrain the dog, dog without collar in the house, obstructing the course of law - and the list keep growing with every fucking stupid lie they tell them.

regards,

If I ever needed definition of fecking idiots, without any compassion AND brains, I just need to think of these two idiots.
Anyway, I could go on forever (and perhaps even knock ancona from his rantmaster position unintentionally - see, I know the hierarchy myself ;)), so I'd better stop right here......

:rotflmbo::clap:

glad you can find some humor in your misfortune Bushi. :cheers:

Really sorry to hear about the attack Bushi, sounds terrible.
I hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

I love dogs too but that dog needs to be put down ASAP, for their own child's sake as well.

A kid on my mom's street was nearly killed by a dog while out on his bike a few years back. The mom went to its owners house and shot it. She said the owners were lucky her son was alive otherwise she would have shot them too.

Sorry to hear about that.

I really hate dogs. I know most people act like your un-american to say that but I hate dogs.

Sorry to hear about that.

I really hate dogs. I know most people act like your un-american to say that but I hate dogs.

Like I said, I don't hate this dog. I think (rationally) that it needs to be put down, because it crossed the line once and therefore he will cross that line again -once he has been "trained" to react that way (by neglect and incompetence), there's no undoing of it. That's just an animal, and he acted as his nature told him (and he wasn't specifically trained, to change his killer instincts).

Now, as for the owners... God almighty how I hate them, for being fecking brainless motherfuckers, and being solely responsible for what has happened... I honestly wish them hurt as much as possible. How un-progressive and politically incorrect of me..

Hell, fuck politically correct. I've always had to settle for just plain correct, since that never changes - or at least, only very rarely. Stuff I said that was un-PC a long time ago is now PC, and vice versa. I'm evidently not the one having issues figuring out what's "right".

Sorry about your pain...hope she heals fast and well.

An FYI - wouldn't have helped this time most likely, but it has helped me and others. Dog psych.

I was once attacked by a large vicious dog - ran right at me with obvious lethal intent.
Here's the trick. Drop to all fours, just like him. As he approaches, turn your head to the side, expose your neck. This is a sign of submitting - and the dog will either then try to be friends, or kill you via biting your neck. In the latter case, wait for the last instant, then move your hands off the ground - one beneath his jaw, one over his neck, and do the obvious - break his neck. Yes, it worked - instantly (you only get one try - push hard all the way through the snap). Thanks to my martial arts teachers! Then of course I had legal issues with the owner.
Tough - I won after a minimal battle in court that wound up costing him money to pay my lawyer.
And he got lambasted and banned from owning large dangerous breeds.

Note - never, ever do this with a police dog. For one, they are trained not to fall for it, second, the cop will shoot you for assaulting an officer - and it's legal for him to do that. Yes, a K9 is legally a cop. And his handler loves him, right or wrong - and has a gun he's got a license to use to murder.
Heck, that was true when I was a kid. Now all you might have to do is kick the dog.

thanks Fusor. Yes we both know about dogs' body language, my wife as well. I was able to avoid being attacked by him once already, by making a CONSCIOUS effort to communicate my non-aggressive intentions - just like you said, when he was growling at me and showing his teeth (when I stand in his way and shouted at him, to stop him from running at, to "play" (supposedly) with my 2 1/2 year old boy, maybe 2 months ago - and I told you already how he "plays" with kids - treating them like rubber toys). I turned my side to him, went limp, and was avoiding any eye contact. That settled him down (submissive stance). Today, I am simply horrified to think what could have happen, if he got to my little Magnus back then, and my kid would display any displeasure for being treated like that. My dear God...

But the attack on my wife was so sudden, completely unprovoked and vicious, she barely had a fraction of a second to shield her face/neck with her arm, and that's where his fangs had sunk instead. In any case, she wouldn't be able to overcome him - that Akita is about 110-130lbs worth of a dog (and none of this is fat). Even knowing that tip you gave, I wouldn't try to overpower him with my bare hands that way - too scary... I would probably take my shirt off, and try to blind him with it before taking on him. Then probably, I would try & break one of his front legs, by grabbing it with my other hand, and dropping to my knee on it. Than trying to push his head to the ground, while dropping onto my knees to his chest repeatedly, to squash his ribs. Praying at all times, that my 240lbs (a little of it IS fat today - but not too much :)), propelled by high adrenaline boost, will be enough to finish the job.

That was the most traumatic part of it for my wife - being completely helpless and overpowered. If I ever needed the argument for guns being available for the public, that would be one. Yes, she might not have been able to reach for the gun, to use it etc., etc, - but at least, she would stand a fucking CHANCE.

EDIT: just did a little research, and it seems, that actually my thought about tangling dog's face with a piece of clothing, has some serious legs - if you can do it, that is. Dogs have almost NO power to OPEN jaws. Just be aware, they are rather fast, vicious, and will do everything they can to get this thing OFF their faces. But if pressed into the corner, it might save you from bites, while you get it on the ground to finish it by drop knee kicks/choking. Also cracking dog's neck in a way that Fusor said (extend pressure on his neck upwards, bending it as forcing the animal to look up - neck part of the spine only), is mentioned as one possible way of finishing a dog off. I wouldn't however try that on that Akita with single hand pressure.

Bottom line - when you face vicious, powerful dog of a really aggressive breed, that is bent on harming you - you WILL get hurt, but you MIGHT win. Just be prepared for pain and possibly shocking pain, and keep acting calmly. Easier to write than do, I know.

Last edited:
Bushi: so sorry to hear about the attack on your wife. I truly hope that she recovers with no bad after effects.

I had a mixed breed (Akita and Rotti). He was strong and extremely protective. I had run him through obedience training and multi-refresher courses. The end result was that he knew who the real alpha was (not him). I cannot believe the number of people who thought that all dogs are friendly upon first meeting them. I was in the vet's office and this guy like most dogs don't want to be there if there is food involved. Mine was one of them. He'd sit there and shake. A crazy woman commented to me that it was nice to see a big dog afraid and trembling. I told her she was a crazy old bitch, and asked if she realized what a scared 90# could do if he wasn't trained right.

There was one day when the groomer was trying to do his nails. He was stubbed to a 100# work bench at the time and he decided to leave and dragged the work bench down to the end of the street. He was leaving and grooming his nails was done for the day.

When my son was born we had a little 35# Scottish Terrier who decided that my son was his to look after. We'd set him out in the front yard with the dog beside him. No one could come near him without us knowing it. Not even his Grandmother and Grandfather.

So you can never know how protective a dog would be and what he would do to protect his charges. That is why training is an absolute necessity for all dogs.

Bushi: so sorry to hear about the attack on your wife. I truly hope that she recovers with no bad after effects.

I had a mixed breed (Akita and Rotti). He was strong and extremely protective. I had run him through obedience training and multi-refresher courses. The end result was that he knew who the real alpha was (not him). I cannot believe the number of people who thought that all dogs are friendly upon first meeting them. I was in the vet's office and this guy like most dogs don't want to be there if there is food involved. Mine was one of them. He'd sit there and shake. A crazy woman commented to me that it was nice to see a big dog afraid and trembling. I told her she was a crazy old bitch, and asked if she realized what a scared 90# could do if he wasn't trained right.

There was one day when the groomer was trying to do his nails. He was stubbed to a 100# work bench at the time and he decided to leave and dragged the work bench down to the end of the street. He was leaving and grooming his nails was done for the day.

When my son was born we had a little 35# Scottish Terrier who decided that my son was his to look after. We'd set him out in the front yard with the dog beside him. No one could come near him without us knowing it. Not even his Grandmother and Grandfather.

So you can never know how protective a dog would be and what he would do to protect his charges. That is why training is an absolute necessity for all dogs.

well it has been 9 years since the attack , so yeah , we hope the recovery was 100%

Back
Top Bottom