Petition: US Mint needs to improve gold lineup

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Vocal Coin Collectors

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I have a petition which demands that the US Mint improve their gold coin lineup given the Treasury Secretary's "broad authority" to mint and issue gold coins. This petition calls on the US Mint to reissue classic coin designs.

This petition also calls on the US Mint to issue a 1/20th ounce American Gold Eagle which would make the American Gold Eagle program more affordable and accessible to all. If Canada has a 1/20th ounce Gold Maple Leaf, then why can't the US Mint have a 1/20th ounce American Gold Eagle.

Please sign the petition today at: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/us-mint-needs-to-improve-its-coin-product-lineup.html

This petition also calls on the US Mint to submit some of the proposed numismatic gold coins produced to NGC and or PCGS directly and to sell some of these coins based on the grades assigned.

Thank you for your support!

The US Mint stopped producing 1/10 ounce ASE coins for a while last year. I doubt they are going to introduce another, smaller coin when they have trouble meeting demand for what they are already producing.

Also, if NGC/PCGS are buying coins directly from the Mint and then grading them (as a private entity), they have the right to resell them with whatever markup they want. I don't see how any petition is going to force the NGC/PCGS to provide their service for free. I don't expect the US Mint to resell coins graded by private entities. If you want graded numismatics, you pay the price. $.02

No, this petition calls for the US Mint to submit coins to NGC/PCGS and sell the US Mint to then them on their catalog.

If you had not added coin grading worshipping, interest would go beyond the online thought which is frequent..."crazy"

Let us not delve into Canadian mint premium nightmares. The US mint should meet and stay within Constitutional law and guidelines.

Additionally, numismatic value is -0- ZERO when and if a currency adjustment occurs. History defines this extremely well.
Invest in what is NEEDED not what may be wanted.

Grading coins removes the base of investing, beginners. Exceptionally so, the youth. Not seeing beyond the occasional youth at LCS's and coin shows. All are older than me and I am not a spring chicken.

I sincerely enjoy Numis when I dig up a dime and it is worth $85. That immediately becomes 4 oz of .999 silver @ LCS. The potential of such .999 is far beyond .10c maintaing its collector/numis value in my lifetime.

I wish you well in gaining 1/20th oz Au and design updates. Ditch the numis baggage.

If you had not added coin grading worshipping, interest would go beyond the online thought which is frequent..."crazy"

Let us not delve into Canadian mint premium nightmares. The US mint should meet and stay within Constitutional law and guidelines.

Additionally, numismatic value is -0- ZERO when and if a currency adjustment occurs. History defines this extremely well.
Invest in what is NEEDED not what may be wanted.

Grading coins removes the base of investing, beginners. Exceptionally so, the youth. Not seeing beyond the occasional youth at LCS's and coin shows. All are older than me and I am not a spring chicken.

I sincerely enjoy Numis when I dig up a dime and it is worth $85. That immediately becomes 4 oz of .999 silver @ LCS. The potential of such .999 is far beyond .10c maintaing its collector/numis value in my lifetime.

I wish you well in gaining 1/20th oz Au and design updates. Ditch the numis baggage.

The US Mint submitting coins to NGC or PCGS would only apply to COLLECTOR coins that they sell for their catalog.

There would be NO CHANGE in the bullion coins other than the fact that there would be a new 1/20th oz AGE.

I really don't care about graded coins, but I would like to see some fractional gold buffaloes.

Petitions are generally WORTHLESS. The only thing that matters is how the public votes with their POCKETBOOK. Since the U.S. does not make a 1/20 oz Eagle, it could be that not enough people are voting with their pocketbook by spending money on Canadian 1/20 oz Gold Maple Leaves. I would think that if Canada was swamped with orders, the U.S. Mint would sit up and take notice, then compete with them. Since they are not, I suspect that there simply is not enough demand.

What the US Mint needs to do is follow their own mandate and stamp out as many one ounce AGE's and ASE's as the market demands, and they need to do so at a fair and just price. We do not need our government to get in to the business of supplying numismatic stuff because a small minority of collectors want them to. The cannot meet current demand as it is, so to add new tasks to a list of shit they already cannot complete would be insane.

Back
Top Bottom