phamacy rant!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So today- I learned my pharmacy up and closed- was bought out be CVS. FREAK NO.

No good byes- - I gave mom and pop my biz the whole time I lived here- I feel betrayed!!

I am accepting ideas for the computer to not call me.

some good news.... some other mom and pop is coming to town. YES.

It has been a life-long habit of mine to try and support the mom-and-pop businesses where I live, unless the prices are extremely out of line. Sometimes even then, I have talked to the owner, explained my situation and the price of the chain-store and have found them more than willing to sell at a competitive price - on more than one occasion even beating that of the 'big guys'.

There used to be a mom and pop pharmacy in my town, but it went out maybe ten years ago... to CVS and Kinneys Drugs.

I remember going there as a kid, even... buying candy and such.

These are the times.

I try to buy from the local shops, still. Those that are left.

I have been on this kick lately to buy more and more USA-made good. I don't care if they are more expensive as long as they are durable. (ie., jeans, jackets, boots, tools, etc.)

ADK

when I moved to this small town I live in, 17 years ago, we had a general store. They sold EVERYTHING you could think of, and if they didn't have it, they would get it. Need a wheelbarrow wheel? They had it. Need a tap for your eyeglasses screw? They had it. The city put them out of business, so we could drive to Lowes, Home Depot or Wally world or Ace in the neighboring town. Wells Fargo bought the building. The lady who ran it for nearly fifty years, I see her in the produce department from time to time. She says she hopes the city of Burnet rots in hell.

Back
Top Bottom