Platinum as a leading economic indicator

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

It took me awhile to track this down (I remember reading this a long time ago), but I finally found it:

https://books.google.com/books?id=V...onepage&q=platinum, leading indicator&f=false

From Nick Barisheff's book $10,000 Gold. Look towards the middle of the page in the above link.

Barisheff says that platinum leads inflation by some 16 months, more than gold & silver (lead by about 12 months). He mentions that some outfit called Wainright Economics (of Boston) found this pattern.

Platinum, of course, is WAY DOWN now.

I presume that would predict DEFLATION...

If so, well, ick!

:noevil:

rbl

Well, yeah you DO want $10,000 Au, if:

1) Society is stable enough for you to enjoy it.
2) You are done buying it.

Not done buying it yet? Hurry up!

:)

did all the buying in late 2011, Bearing )-:

Be ironic to have to have ridden it down 25% over a 4 year period then see society unravel and bic lighters become the new currency .....

But Im not despondent
Theres gonna be a world reset and the gold backed Iraqi Dinar will triumph over all other currencies

or something like that (-;

It seems to me that the piper is going to come calling eventually. The central banks have managed to stave off necessary economic deflation by blowing harder into the balloon. It's not sustainable though and eventually they are going to run out of breath.

Back
Top Bottom