PM bug coin?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
Just wondering if the site has ever thought about pouring or stamping its own bars and/or coins? I know a lot of other sites will have coins (usually bronze) stamped. Not sure what it would take to get someone to make silver ones for the site or have your own molds or stamps made. I would definitely be interested in purchasing some if they were to get made. Probably order a few on a regular basis if I liked the design.

Here is the design:

pmbug-1.gif

If it was just that on both sides or one side and blank on the other, I'd buy a few and that's it. But the logo with some text and being identified as .999 pure silver would be help IMO.

I dont think it would be cost efficient.

I have seen guys go in together on a monster box.

I've never thought about it. I know NWT Mint does that sort of thing but I've never looked into the costs involved. For low volume, there would be a hefty premium for sure.

There are several companies that make coins, and yeah, I know the premiums would be higher, and I certainly wouldn't be buying them for their low cost compared to other coins. I have a couple coins (not silver) from other sites as well as other fairly small organizations that I attended functions where they would either sell them or hand them out to attendees. Also wasn't sure about the custom mold process and pouring them, would obviously require some labor, and the hand poured bars have a different look than stamped coins, but I like the look of a lot of the hand poured bars. If it can't happen, no biggie, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom