PM price movement today

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Kind of odd to see gold and silver mirroring the dollar this morning. All of them moving down then up in concert.

Not to say the bottom was reached on gold and silver, but if it has, at least I was able to get in an order near the bottom for a change. When I ordered on Mon. gold was ~$1089 and silver ~$14.50

Well, the dollar dipped, but the metals stayed put. It's only a few hours of trading, so it remains to be seen if this the start of a longer term pattern of strength.

I'll stay confident that the PTB still have more evil up their sleeves. They're not done shaking the tree just yet. It's still early in the year to let loose the Kraaken.

Looks like the movement today is inversely correlated to the dollar.

I don't know, apparently my math is bad but it still seems to me the stuff I bought on Mon. when gold was ~1089/ozt and silver at ~14.50/ozt seems to be worth more now. Maybe I didn't catch that knife at the very bottom, but it seems it was close, for now at least.

The metals look like they are showing some strength again today. Moving up as the dollar was also moving up. Also...

Stan Druckenmiller is going big on gold.

Druckenmiller is one of the world’s most successful and respected traders. As a hedge fund manager from 1986 to 2010, he generated an incredible average annual return of 30%.

Druckenmiller was also George Soros’s right-hand man at Quantum, Soros’s famed hedge fund. Quantum’s now legendary 1992 trade shorting the British pound was Druckenmiller’s idea. It made Quantum about $1 billion. People say the trade “broke the Bank of England.”

Most professional investors preach diversification. But Druckenmiller says he’s successful because he’s not afraid to concentrate his bets when he really believes in a trade. He calls it “being a pig.”

Druckenmiller’s fund recently bought $300 million worth of SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), an ETF that tracks the price of gold. It’s a huge bet, even for a big-time trader like Druckenmiller. He put 20% of his fund’s money into this trade, and it’s his largest position.

http://www.goldcore.com/us/gold-blog/soros-pig-accumulates-a-lot-of-gold/

He likes gold right now but not silver? I know gold is well off it's highs, but so is silver, and it seems to me there is a lot more potential with silver than gold. Not that there isn't room for a profit in gold too, but IMHO silver has more breakout potential.

I'll stay confident that the PTB still have more evil up their sleeves. They're not done shaking the tree just yet. It's still early in the year to let loose the Kraaken.

read someone the other day (can't remember who, maybe it was on here) said all the weak hands have already been shaken out, this is for the big players

Druckenmiller’s fund recently bought $300 million worth of SPDR Gold Trust (GLD), an ETF that tracks the price of gold. It’s a huge bet, even for a big-time trader like Druckenmiller. He put 20% of his fund’s money into this trade, and it’s his largest position.

20%..., What a Pussy. :agree:

* bump *

So I've been a bit distracted for the last couple of weeks with Hurricane Harvey flooding our area and kids cooped up in the house and such. I really haven't been paying any attention to the markets or news like I usually do. I see that the metals are currently a bit higher than the ceiling of the range they had been trading in last I looked. Is the sale over?

* bump *

So I've been a bit distracted for the last couple of weeks with Hurricane Harvey flooding our area and kids cooped up in the house and such. I really haven't been paying any attention to the markets or news like I usually do. I see that the metals are currently a bit higher than the ceiling of the range they had been trading in last I looked. Is the sale over?

I don't know if it will go down under 13 like it did about a year & 1/2 ago, but it's still under $20 so that seems reasonable to me, at least considering where gold is. Of course it could be that silver is priced correctly and gold is currently over valued. Even with platinum's recent rise back up, it's still way cheaper than gold. In my mind gold's value is out of whack in relation to silver & platinum, so it would seem to me that either gold is over valued & the others closer to correct, or gold is right & the others are a bargain. Who knows what our overlords behind the curtain are attempting to achieve & what levels of success or failure they will have & what that will do to prices of everything. :paperbag:

Back
Top Bottom