Political Calculus

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CiscoKid

Pirate
Benefactor
Reaction score
As a mechanical engineer, I have always gotten a laugh when politicians use the word "calculus" when they are speaking in a lame effort to sound educated. Little barry soetoro, the Queen of Chicago's gay bathhouses, is fond of using this word. I sincerely doubt if the dumbass even knows basic geometry.

Mod edit: posts 1-4 were moved from https://www.pmbug.com/threads/how-i-would-explain-calculus-to-a-6th-grader.4872/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it even possible to have a science discussion without folks posting political hot takes? Is it really so hard to confine political comments to the Politics forum?

Is it even possible to have a science discussion without folks posting political hot takes? Is it really so hard to confine political comments to the Politics forum?
I suppose with the 'new' world, where genders are as 'fluid' as peeing down one's neck while insisting it's rain, that that Pandora's box has been opened and you can't put that monkey back in its cage because the vandals stole the handles and nothing but math adds up?

I suppose with the 'new' world, where genders are as 'fluid' as peeing down one's neck while insisting it's rain, that that Pandora's box has been opened and you can't put that monkey back in its cage because the vandals stole the handles and nothing but math adds up?

Sorry, Goldhedge. Sadly, I'm afraid that not even math adds up any longer. Leftists are saying that math is racist because minorities frequently struggle with it. https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/10/math-racist-university-illinois-professor/

This could very well be the reason that high schools these days are graduating kids with a 9th grade education when it comes to math. https://hechingerreport.org/colleges-enroll-students-arent-prepared-higher-education/ These children are completely unprepared for college level math courses, but there is a bright side. They know all 73 genders and what pronouns to use for them.

I thank God that I went to a small town school that focused on STEM education and that I did it before all this liberal insanity started.

Jimmy Carter started the Department of Education when US students were #1 in math and science in the world. Now, we are something like #22 or #23. As long as we continue to educate to the lowest common denominator, fewer and fewer US students will ever know Calculus or how to use it. Intentional? I believe so.

Talking about political calculus, Trump is killing Kevin McCarthy's chances of being Speaker of the House by endorsing him. If that is not revenge served up cold I don't know what is? McCarthy can't disavow Trump's endorsement and in turn the endorsement is the kiss of death for McCarthy.

McCarthy might as well lay face down on Pennsylvania Avenue. It will hurt less.

Back
Top Bottom