Precious Metal Purchasing Act - State of Illinois

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
From ZH today...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-...-precious-metal-purchasing-act-santellis-take

Full read - video at the URL above...

To "The Precious Metal Purchasing Act" From Executive Order 6102 - Santelli's Take
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/10/2013 15:47 -0500

"Ever heard of SB3144?" is Rick Santelli's opening salvo in today's rantless discussion of the concerns he has with Illinois' 'Precious Metal Purchasing Act'. While passed in the Illinois Senate last year, and moth-balled in the House since, Rick notes that "the long and short of it is is they want an audit trail to any precious metals, whether you're talking coins or bullion." It does not seem too much of a stretch to this Chicagoan to the 1933 Executive Order #6102 that confiscated gold and cleared the way eventually for Nixon's 1971 disconnect of the dollar from gold. As Liberty Blitzkrieg's Mike Krieger notes: "So let me get this straight. First they want gun registration and now precious metal registration? I’m sure the government would only use such information in our best interests, because as we all know: Your Government Loves You. Sounds reasonable, after all, only 'terrorists' buy guns and gold anyway."

It should not at all be surprising about this kind of thing. It is only too well known among crowds of PM investors that possession is suppressed in any manner and for possible including a real education among the general public as to why PM's are important in the first place. But it is mostly a matter of principal as to why people become convinced to invest in the first place, at least it is for me. Current political principals are completely ass bakcwords. Santorium is probably getting a cut from the bank lobby.

What a disgrace.

It should not at all be surprising about this kind of thing. It is only too well known among crowds of PM investors that possession is suppressed in any manner and for possible including a real education among the general public as to why PM's are important in the first place. But it is mostly a matter of principal as to why people become convinced to invest in the first place, at least it is for me. Current political principals are completely ass bakcwords. Santorium is probably getting a cut from the bank lobby.

What a disgrace.

:rotflmbo:

Back
Top Bottom