Presidential Election!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My crystal ball broke a long time ago.

aint no presidential election

there are no candidates worthy of the title

just a charade to distract while they continue with BAU

Well, looks like the market doesn't like precious metals right now. Is it a reaction to the election? :shrugs:

Odd isn't it.

Everyone ( in mainstream ) said Trump would be a disaster for the markets and everyone in the alternative world said a Trump win would be good for gold.

The exact opposite seems to be playing out.

Druckmuller reckons he sold ALL his gold on election night cos he saw a Trump win as positive for markets, a bit of inflation and 'risk on'

Who needs safety .......... )-:

Yeah, nothing fundamental has changed. Trump doesn't even become President for two more months. Nothing special is going to happen right away.

I've read speculation that a Trump win means that Yellen (a Dem) might not care about leveraging the Fed to prop up markets/the economy so much anymore so they will be more likely to raise rates (perhaps in December) and push the economy back into a recession. Who knows.

It's really not even a question that the media was promoting Trump during the primary season. I thought I had read somewhere (don't remember where, no link) an analysis of the time the networks had spent talking about each candidate and the coverage was so skewed it was crazy. MSM is just propaganda.

Holy shit. Trump is a master troll.
Britain and France on Sunday night snubbed a contentious EU emergency meeting to align the bloc’s approach to Donald Trump’s election, exposing rifts in Europe over the US vote.

Hailed by diplomats as a chance to “send a signal of what the EU expects” from Mr Trump, the plan fell into disarray after foreign ministers from the bloc’s two main military powers declined to attend the gathering demanded by Berlin and Brussels.

Mr Trump at the weekend met Nigel Farage, the populist Brexit campaigner who has become the first foreign politician to meet the future US president. ...

https://www.ft.com/content/bd74b6de-a9ba-11e6-809d-c9f98a0cf216

h/t: https://mishtalk.com/2016/11/13/eu-...demanded-by-germany-trump-meets-nigel-farage/

Back
Top Bottom