Productive day at the Drs!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So- I went in- got in the same day.

My blood pressure been up- pain levels and panic attacks. I am on 3 more meds now- I am happy for that.

After a number of years on 2 bp meds we added a 3nd one - this one I take at day time.'

============================================
Metoprolol (Oral Route)
Drug Information provided by: Micromedex
US Brand Names

Lopressor

Toprol XL

Description

Metoprolol is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). High blood pressure adds to the workload of the heart and arteries. If it continues for a long time, the heart and arteries may not function properly. This can damage the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidneys, resulting in a stroke, heart failure, or kidney failure. High blood pressure may also increase the risk for heart attacks. These problems may be less likely to occur if blood pressure is controlled.

Metoprolol is also used to treat severe chest pain (angina) and lowers the risk of repeated heart attacks. It is given to people who have already had a heart attack. In addition, metoprolol is used to treat patients with heart failure.

This medicine is a beta-blocker. It works by affecting the response to nerve impulses in certain parts of the body, like the heart. As a result, the heart beats slower and decreases the blood pressure. When the blood pressure is lowered, the amount of blood and oxygen is increased to the heart.

This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.

This product is available in the following dosage forms:

Tablet, Extended Release
Tablet

=============================================

Switched the naproxin for pain to---

Diclofenac Information from Drugs.com
www.drugs.com/diclofenac.html‎
Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Includes diclofenac side effects, interactions and ...

==============================================

and happy days for me- a 2nd pain pill for when I have flare ups...

Vicodin is perscribed for mild to severe pain often after a surgery, but sometimes for long-term use. Vicodin is produced by Knoll Labratories and comes in three varieties. Vicodin (5 mg hydrocodone, 500 mg acetaminophen)

=========================================

I am very happy. Most local drs will send people to a pain clinic- their job is to say no.

I brought in my 2 mris- documentation of shots, surgeries, and physical therapy. I told me dr- that on flare ups I spend 5 hours in an ER and end up with a shot. That I need a regiment to avoid that.

----------------------------For around a year- the panic attacks had been getting worse- I am at the highest recommended dose for the cosaar.

Being that I now will get rx from my dr- I do not have to order them online from out of the country. This will save some cash. For the vicodon very controlled- I will have to go and get a physical piece of paper each month.

I had the dr check my atrophy, my grip- I am very glad I dont have to jump thru hoops.

They are so quick to label someone a drug addict. I did not want to rock the boat- because I am already on 2 controlled meds- and did not want to ask for 3 and look bad.

I am looking forward to the new blood pressure regiment too.

Life is good!!

Do you know what is causing you the chronic pain? You might have already mentioned it before, so sorry if I've forgot. Must be pretty bad if you need 3 pain killers to handle it.

I had the worse headache you can imaging after the brain surgery. They gave me vicoden and several other painkillers, but one of the neurologists said, "it comes with the territory, it will go away in ninety days" and it did.

my sister registered me with an aneurysm support group when I awakened; here's what I wrote shortly thereafter:
http://stu.westga.edu/~wmaples/wagenen_jay.html

they put something in the vicoden that gives you a terrible stomach ache if you take too many :)

Penn,
Metroprolol is not nearly as effective as Propranolol for reducing blood pressure and I personally find it [Inderal] to be more tolerable to take on a regular basis. I have hypertension [imagine that!] and take 2X 120mg X day, split dose and it works fantastic. As a matter of fact, for many years now I have suffered with an irritating condition called Essential Tremor, which is an idiopathic tremor that can exhibit a simple mild tremor all the way up to uncontrollable shaking. Inderal turned it off like a switch. One minute I was shaking, five minutes later not at all, it was immediate. Never in my life have I ever had such a profound, immediate and positive reaction to any other medication as I had with Inderal. It changed my life.

As for the NSAIDS, watch out man....watch out. those things can be quite dangerous in their own right. In fact, they are more dangerous than the hydrocodone in that Vicodin you take. Diclofenac is a decent formulation under the brand name Voltaren, but prolonged use should be avoided. All NSAIDS are hard on the liver and kidneys, and the Tylenol in the hydrocodone medication is the same.

Also, I( remember you said something about Ultram [Tramadol]. If you have been taking relatively high doses of the stuff, don't suddenly stop, because you will "jones" pretty hard and you can suffer seizures, even with no history of them. Tramadol is taken up by one of the opiate receptors in the brain, which means it crosses the blood brain barrier. Anything capable of passing that barrier should be used with great caution.

I'm just saying, be careful dude.

Last edited:
Do you know what is causing you the chronic pain? You might have already mentioned it before, so sorry if I've forgot. Must be pretty bad if you need 3 pain killers to handle it.

It makes 3 meds for blood pressure- not pain.

For pain is the ANSAID, and the Vicoprophen.

I have 4 herniated disks among the C T and L-- a bad shoulder carpal in both hands.

I am on a chemical soup of meds.

Mark,

The Metopro is 25 mg. A low dosage. You may recall me mentioning taking xanax because I just wanted to sleep. Before this Dr visit- 6-7 am- I had 4mg of xanax- and my blood pressure was STILL high! The dr asked if there were stressors- I mentioned the loved one having major heart surgery, filing bankruptcy. and unsupervised neighborhood kids 20-30 at a time on the street here. On that high of a dose of xanax my bp should have been good. I asked the Dr to check me for atrophie, and the one ear for an ear infection I treated myself.

(I am on focolin,(ADHD) levo,(thyroid) proscar,(prostrate). Effexxor, trazadone (both for depression) I had been on ambien for sleep but we switched to xanax due to me sleep walking/eating. On the side for pain- I order tramodal online. Being that I get 2 controlled meds for the Dr; I did not want to ask for a 3rd. Pain pill patients are viewed as drug addicts here. When I have a flare up- I go to a chiropractor, or ER- I told the Dr- 5 hours in the ER then get a shot-- it is sort of a waste of resources. In an earlier post Mark mentioned he thinks my meds cancel each other out. I do NOT wish to be off of the ADD pills. I tried 5x to get off the depression pills- and it makes me suicidal. I simply can not connect thought when I am off those 2 meds. Locally- the Drs send pain patients to a pain clinic- their job there is to claim the patient is fine. I stated to my dr- that I had 3 years of physical therapy- and numerous shots. I also brought with me the report from my surgeon. It cites the 2 mris- and the injuries- it is around 10 years old. My Dr scanned this report for his file. For flare ups- now I can get the vicodin. I can ask for it via their online platform. I then have to drive and show a driver license for a paper rx. On the ADHD med- same deal- we did tho argue with the insurance company- I am allowed to ask for the focolin early- as this is allowed. However the vicodin- I will only be allowed to ask for it once a month- it says allow 48 hours- so I can ask for it every 28 days. My Dr is not making me jump thru more hoops with physical therapy or a pain clinic. So this is a HUGE win. Surely if I asked for it- he would grant it. I seen a sign at the office we can do evisits now too. (for some items) My Dr also ordered blood work to check my urinary status.

Coosar 100 mg, and terison 2mg for blood pressure at night. That has been the regiment for about 5 years. I can go no higher on the coosar. The terison could maybe be bumped up- the terison is meant to work in conjuction with the proscar. (prostrate med).

My shoulder gets so bad it feels like a sledge hammer is hitting it. So the ANSAID will come in handy for that. It is diclofenac sod ec 75 mg. It says 2 a day. Both this and the new bp pill says to eat with food. I notices a flexiril muscle relaxer is effective on the shoulder pain BUT- it makes the carpal nerve slip into a worse position. I was offered a choice on the ANSAID. He said a higher dose of naproxin could be wrote-I told him the diclo would be better because on the naproxin I could always take more then one.

The new bp med is a starter dose I gather. He did not require me to re-see him.

He knows I insist on participating in my treatment.

I am glad I went in. I am thinking obama care required visits- and the stress of a visit- makes it hard for me to enjoy that.

A few years ago- I experienced black outs- he encouraged me to confront my psychiatrist over the meds and treatment. Well- my psychiatrist blew up at me- as I did not have "permission" to reduce the SSRI effexxor med. He decided to punish me by cutting off all meds. Since I refused full dose- he punished me by stopping the ritalin/ADD/ADHD meds. So I fired him. My family Dr stepped up and covered these prescriptions while I wait for a referral. The wait is over 5 years now- I am still waiting for a referral- to a new psychiatrist- (the system referred me to the same dr I fired) What this means is my family Dr has been covering these rxs- I do not have to drive a 1/2 hour every 6 weeks, and see a shrink. So it all worked out.

Getting ample recharge- rest- -is best to have low pain levels. Of all the meds- I have the one neighbor hold the xanax so I dont take too much of it. With the new bp pill- I think my arms less above my head to relax- I should feel more rested.

With injuries- and yes men- there is always someone worse- I have to get some activity with out over doing it.

In the next few months- I may have to re-examine how the blood pressure treatment is going.

I am happy- tho I now can get the pain pills- this will save cash- it costs $50 for each online order for tramadol- I need about $300 to do a trip to Chicago.

this is kinda off topic, but if you take the pink stuff in your coffee (sweet and low) then that cause a huge spike in BP. I didn't know this and have been using the stuff thirty years (ever since I quit drinking). Never mind that it kills rats. Anyway, started researching it, and the internet articles say "it's the first thing doctors ask you when you have high blood pressure". Well, no doc ever asked me and when I stopped putting it in my coffee my bp went down....

I use real sugar in my coffee.

I turn 50 next week. High blood pressure runs in the family. It simply is part of getting older.

When I am upset- have panic attacks I am like a monster. I try to keep things low key.

My dads side of the family all work themself to death. Moms side has longevity and more laid back.

I agree on the artificial sweetener thing. Real, unpasteurized honey is the way to go there. I use raw orange blossom honey and it's a great way to start your day. I never understood the reasoning behind pasteurizing honey, since it is the worlds most powerful natural antibiotic. Honey has been used for thousands of years to heal burns to the skin, skin infections, for stomach ailments, ulcers, sore throat and for general well being. It is a well known fact that not only will mold not grow on honey, bacteria cannot grow on/in it either. Honey is the perfect food, and is even used by many diabetics.

I agree on the artificial sweetener thing. Real, unpasteurized honey is the way to go there. I use raw orange blossom honey and it's a great way to start your day. I never understood the reasoning behind pasteurizing honey, since it is the worlds most powerful natural antibiotic. Honey has been used for thousands of years to heal burns to the skin, skin infections, for stomach ailments, ulcers, sore throat and for general well being. It is a well known fact that not only will mold not grow on honey, bacteria cannot grow on/in it either. Honey is the perfect food, and is even used by many diabetics.

we go through about a gallon of honey every six months. The kids love it. This is where we get it: (local)

http://www.fainshoney.com/

you have to be careful with honey. Most of what is labeled honey in the grocery store is HFCS. Also KFC.

Also it will keep for thousands of years. Good doomer prep.

Last edited:
Uh..there are certain strains of weed which can not only help blood pressure but pain as well.

I would certainly recommend that over any big pharma.

Just my 2 cents.

-Q

(it also is amazing for sex and appetite) ;)

Grass can alleviate a large number of ailments, not the leas of which is chronic pain, insomnia, anorexia nervosa and for some, panic attacks or stress induced mania.

Waaaaay back in the olden days, I smoked weed like it was going out of style. A lid of good Mexican Red was 20 dollars and ounce, which at that time was an unholy sum of cabbage. If you wanted it Sinsemilla [without seeds] it cost half again more. After a few years of being regularly stoned, we embarked upon a farming experiment. We had decent results, but it took so much time we eventually gave up.

when my 29 year old graduated high school ten years ago, the city council said 60% of the kids smoked pot. I doubt its gone down since then. My kids don't know what a lid is. :(

A lid is an ounce, half lid - half ounce. A QP is a quarter pound and a dime bag is a tenth of an ounce. A nickel bag is a twentieth of an ounce. Of course, with the exception of my trip to Amsterdam, I seldom partake in smoking weed or hash, but when I do, it's exclusively for medicinal reasons, since I have become such a lightweight that a single toke wipes me out. That makes it the perfect natural remedy for insomnia, which I suffer from during periods of high stress. Working as I do around extremely sensitive aerospace components and in high security facilities, I have to be incredibly careful.

I think that marijuana still being illegal is absurd. Originally, congress was lobbied to outlaw it because its close cousin, hemp, was eating in to the profits of cotton farmers so naturally, big business won that fight and it continues to be outlawed today.

The results of my blood work are back. Everything is great. My chlostaral is very good. This is interesting. I avoided all this for about 4 years. That is about the time- the neighbor and I started having dinners.

He checked the kidney function.

All is fine. When I lived in Chicago- some kids were passing around a joint- the one gal is like- dont waste it- im like- it is just a joint. Later I found it- it was laced with crack cocaine. Those kids had a theft ring and they had tried to recruit me into it by lacing the pot. I was fuming mad. I put some distance there. After that I would not touch it for the longest time.

Now adays I will rarely run into a pain patient that has medical grade. I will touch that.

I have to tell you- I was spooked that those punks spiked the pot- and you know what- it did feel too good- it might have worked- that stuff is dangerous.

My old time buddy always told me- do not touch anything home made. He also said to look pills up in the PDR. A few times I caught a person throwing me fake pills- they did not like when I told them about it.

All of that is so expensive. With out insurance that vicodin would have cost me less then $6. On the street- that would sell for at least $300 in the local area. Who can afford that? On $300 I can pay some utilities-

Locals who sell pills use that cash to buy the injectable hard drugs. It seems to be a status symbol to OD lately.

This dr visit has freed up $50-$150. (you can order the less controlled pills online- it takes forever to get here tho) So figure I just found an extra $100 a month.

Tho the drs here- they all call eachother- they go to the same country club- there is no double dipping. Doing so would cut someone off.

Frankly I did not really want to get into the pot thing- medical grade is like $20 a joint now. I can get 3 days out of 1 good joint. But I really dont want to take a risk running with that crowd- they are younger- own no houses- have nothing to lose- I have a house and car to lose.

The prescription is maintenance and flare ups- not a set in stone regimens. I cant be like requesting more of it sooner then expected. Gosh- it would have been nice if this occured 2 years sooner. That would be $2400 in extra silver. Oh well. At least I am good to go now.

Last edited:
A lid is an ounce, half lid - half ounce. A QP is a quarter pound and a dime bag is a tenth of an ounce. A nickel bag is a twentieth of an ounce. Of course, with the exception of my trip to Amsterdam, I seldom partake in smoking weed or hash, but when I do, it's exclusively for medicinal reasons, since I have become such a lightweight that a single toke wipes me out. That makes it the perfect natural remedy for insomnia, which I suffer from during periods of high stress. Working as I do around extremely sensitive aerospace components and in high security facilities, I have to be incredibly careful.

I think that marijuana still being illegal is absurd. Originally, congress was lobbied to outlaw it because its close cousin, hemp, was eating in to the profits of cotton farmers so naturally, big business won that fight and it continues to be outlawed today.

Ancona, I KNOW what a lid is :). Thing is, when I smoked, dope was crappier than it is now. I understand they have super dope now.... I'm still amazed at all the different varieties of seeds available on the web....

edit: I used to roof for an old, old man who used to be a Texas ranger. He said they all smoked a little dope, it wasn't a big deal. He said now the rum runners, they would KILL you without thinking about it...

Last edited:
Medical grade? That's just a term man.

Grow some weed in a flower pot, cut it and dry it when it buds but before it goes to seed and bingo. Please brother, it ain't rocket science, and there isn't anyone "looking for you".

Aye..I took a hit about a year ago and it just floored me.

Certainly makes it last that much longer!

I have chronic back pains and some shoulder and arm strains from time to time.

I don't look to it immediately as much I as I try to stick to routines with my chiro and massage therapist.

In the uptmost pinch though I wouldn't shy away from it.

Too much media and the federal government to make it seem so wrong.

It is earthly and non addictive.

Yet our jails and prisons are more than 50% filled with non violent drug offenders.

Go figure.

-Q

Medical grade? That's just a term man.

Grow some weed in a flower pot, cut it and dry it when it buds but before it goes to seed and bingo. Please brother, it ain't rocket science, and there isn't anyone "looking for you".

I would never ever, ever do anything even slightly illegal. It could be better then invasive weeds.

When I say medical grade- I mean it comes from a dispensary to (usually a cancer victim)

Dont forget they spray all type of things on the stuff.

Big pharma will kill you faster than any weed brother.

That is a fact!

-Q

Seriously Penn, I know a number of people that grow a plant or two, once or twice a year. It's for various reasons, but usually arthritis. I see absolutely no harm in some retired dude blowing a joint now and then to ease their pain, absolutely nothing. Weed has been largely decriminalized, that is unless you get popped in your car with a pound of the stuff. Just a few joints is at most, a ticket with an appearance before some bored judge who will fine you and slap your wrist. We had a lot of local outcry over a tax increase to fund more jail expansion. That resulted in a resounding defeat when it got voted on, meaning that local cops would no longer look at personal amounts of weed as a jailable offense.

That is how it should be at a minimum. there are now a number of states that do not bother with it at all.

Last edited:
Seriously Penn, I know a number of people that grow a plant or two, once or twice a year. It's for various reasons, but usually arthritis.

wow, arthritis? I'm gonna keep this in mind. My fingers are starting to twist (I'm only 54). Right now its my knees that hurt. I take glocosamin chondroiton, and the pain goes away. When the pain goes away, I forget to take the GC. The pain comes back. When the pain comes back, I remember, ad infiniteum...

Hell yeah on the smokes.

Somehow my pain pills were kicked back to India- so I went shopping for a garden plant.

I won't post anything on the site Penn, but there are a thousand different seed exchanges around where you can, for a dollar or two, pick up seeds from a known hybrid marijuana plant that will germinate and grow, with the proper attention of course. Many folks grow indoors under a florescent light set-up and do just fine. When you top the plant regularly so it will bush out more [I've heard ;-)] the yield increases quite a bit.

SWIM grew some fine buds back in the day with little effort. So little that he was amazed. His mother never caught on that SWIM was growing weed in his bedroom closet, above the ceiling in the attic space that was separated from the great room by a demising wall. SWIM also piggybacked the great room ceiling light to run his three bulb florescent, and his mom to this day, has/had no idea. It really is that easy. As long as it has nutrients [SWIM used Miracle Grow plant food and extended release stuff as well] it will thrive. Light is also important as is temperature, but if your set-up includes a little enclosure made from visqueen, the lights will provide enough heat to maintain 82 - 88 degrees.

SWIM did three rotations of two plants a year and got about five ounces per rotation. [SWIM had lots of friends who smoked and needed cash....so.....]

Last edited:
what does SWIM stand for? SomeWhiteImprovisingMale?

Today- my Dr had me sign a opiates and narcotics Dr agreement.

I want to understand it completely because they terminate these- they are serious. I was to pick one pharmacy that controlled meds will be used. (so this included the xanax and Ritalin.)

The can end it- make me see a pain Dr- send me to PT- they can randomly drug test me, and conduct a random pill count check.

I know drug tests are evolved- they can tell the difference between Vicodin and parcoden, etc. In other words they can tell other forms of opiates in the body. It is describe to me too- that they use it to make sure I am taking it like I should be- and that it does not end up on the street.

The contract spells out no illegal drugs- and specifies pot. Mentions excess booze.

Can not go to more then one Dr for controlled meds, can not ask for a refill too early. Can not ask- after 5 or on holidays or weekends.

It says any changes require a DR visit.

I am hoping they dont send me to a pain clinic.

So when I chose pharmacies- I went with the new mom and pops place. I like that I dont have to wait upwards of an hour like I do at CVS. The bad part tho- is they are not open on Sundays. But CVS gave me an attitude a few times- like I am some bad person- and now they get in the face push flue shots- they make you walk thru the entire store- even if you just need the pharmacy. In other words- they push their marketing on me.

I re-read the agreement. I cant figure out- if anyone from the Drs office comes to my house for the random drug test.

I read - on the logic of these agreements- 1/3 are flat out addicts- 1/3 are in a gray line- but considered abusive and thus inappropriate. The final 1/3 of those who sign are appropriate patients.

If he pushes a pain clinic- I would rather have the physical therapy and have it local. Tho to be frank- I dont want to be bothered at all.

One thing I expect- when I cyber in the renew- when I go to pick up the paper rx- they might have me to a urine drug test. They will look for other banned drugs- but they will ALSO check to see if the Vicodin is in my pee.

The agreement says I can only have 1 theft in my lifetime and that must have a police report to document it.

As you know- I had someone hold some meds- well she is away - for a heart attack. I called about a safe deposit box- that would cost $25 + $5. I might keep pills there and go once a week. The one thing is- I am in the middle of a chapter 7 bankruptcy- if I open a box- does that get called into question.... I would keep the meds in the original legal container. If I go once a week- that could work.

Needless to say- there wont be anything ordered online any more.

I am allowed 4 vicos a day- he wrote for 30 days. No way will he agree to go higher then the 4- and asking him too- would be a certain pain dr referral.

The other thing is I have medicare and medicaid- I could go for endless treatments and the medical people get paid- it is good for their profits to send those with insurance on every test/service they can.

This also means- now the ADD/ADDH med- we agreed- that I could refill it after 23 days- since the ins allows 2 tabs a day and not 3- this pill has to line up with the vicodon now. It may sound terrible- but that is ok- because when I have opiates I do not need as many ADD pills. This also effects the xanax- they let you go 5 days early- but it is controlled- so asking for that too soon- possibly voids out our agreement.

On xanax- for the past months I have S hold them at her house-then every night I bring home one.

The only person I would trust to hold any rx is S. One other person I will need to put some distance- as that person tries to obtain my pills. This change- is too much- to lose - that I would risk it.

I personally know 2 people that were cut off from Dr over those agreements. One took her husbands pain pills a few days- it came up in the pee test- one she did not know she was having. The other went in for invasive surgery, and that meant 20 pain pills were wrote by the other dr- which basically terminated her agreement- even tho it was an honest mistake.

There are 2 banks in town. I went to the cheaper priced but further away one- and they wont let me open one unless I have a checken/savings with $100 min at all times.

So I popped into the one few blocks closer. The fee is $25 for a year- it is 5ish by 5ish- so it is a bigger box. Shocking to see- it is made out of plastic!! I asked if going in once a week is too often- they said I could go in every day if wanted to.

Once or twice a week- should be good.

The pills are in a current legal bottle. I dont think they can confiscate that- or I dont think so.

This helps too- because being that S is in a nursing home x will volunteer for her to hold my pills for me- for my own benefit of course!! (yeah right) S can be trusted- X not so much.

The bank is close enough to bike ride.

Hey, since it's soon to be legal in Colorado (and Washington state as well I believe), I started a new thread on the "weed situation" there in CO.

Anyone with friends or relatives there might wish to inquire how strict UPS (etc.) are likely to be after Jan 1...

The future there is very bright! Or smoky. Or sumthin'...

They also said there could be random pee tests to make sure the drug is in me.

I was thinking of ordering a drug test so I can find out.

Lets suppose I use 4 weeks up in 3 weeks- then walk in for the renew- then then ask for a pee test- well if I did not have any in me for a week- they will not allow it- because I could have sold them. So they said they might heck for that. Reading up- it sounds like 3 days is the number- so if I know I am walking into get it renewed- take the doses for 3 days prior to that.

I also know you cant mix the types of opiates. That some of that they can pick up. I know someone that her husbands worked better then hers so she took some of his- she got caught- even tho hers is more seriously controlled- she got in trouble, not him on that.

The pill bottle says up to 4 a day- or no more then 4 a day. Something to that effect.

I was digging around on their website to see if they had stuff posted on all this-- nothing.

One friend feels that if I dont ask to change or increase this -that nothing will come of it- she said 4 vicos 5/500 is low- that it is what they start you on. I dont really want to be on more then that- the stuff wont work if you take it all the time.

I dont want to live the lifestyle- where every day is a medical thing appointment day- and the only thing to think about 24-7 is being a pain patient.

Being a pain patient is like being a criminal- and yes- I know a good many of them sell their pills. I dont have to- nor do I want to. This regiment also means I dont have to order tramadol online from india. I said I could cut back- but this is when I thought he was treating 15 days in a month, not the full 30.

So we are at $200 a month that this saves me. I spent that online- etc before.

So 3 days prior is like 12 pills- that I have to make sure I have before a urine test... I could be optimistic and decide that it wont- happen- but most likely it IS going to happen.

They're making it complicated for you, Penn! Geez, just to "do what you are supposed to do" is pretty hard to figure out... It looks like they want to see some hydrocodone in your system when you go in for your pee check, and not other opiates.

Yet you said you do not want to become overly-addicted, I hear ya (fun news tomorrow).

Here's an idea. Since you are getting SOME Vicodin, maybe not enough, but SOME, why not try to use less than normal. This would further three goals:

1) Using less means less addiction potential

2) You can slowly build up a small stash in case of emergencies (say the Dr. is not around on a long weekend, that (in a different context) happened to me once, just on a Saturday over Memorial Day weekend, and my wife wasn't around either)

3) You can later ask for more (I think you mentioned that one of your friends said 5/500 might not be enough, if you wait a bit and then go in with your tale of pain and woe, maybe the Drs. will "credit" you for trying the lower dose, and maybe you can get something more appropriate)

You are suffering worse than I ever have, so take my suggestion for what it's worth (very little). But, if you can put up with some pain, you might try taking 1/2 a Vicodin each time, or just three per day (vs. 4).

Good luck! You are a decent dude who deserves better from the medical/legal system. And they wonder why so many of us now hate the government...

I was looking at ebay for kits.

Seems like this should not be real hard. If you have 1 spec of it in your system- you can test positive for a drug test. In the past when I was going thru the welcome to injuries life- there were lawsuits and the fear that I may never walk again. That litigation is over- and I did not lose my ability to walk.

I tend to doubt I am actively on a list- that they are going to seek out to make sure I get fried.

I do not get brushes with the law. As a rule I do not make a pest out of myself.

These agreements are routine in the area- and all the drs know eachother- they will call eachother and advise.

This agreement means I do not have to look on the street or order online. I realistically can function with the allotment the Dr set.

This saves me $200 a month. That is $200 I could use to go see my brother out of state, it means I can pay ahead on heat and other utitlites, it means I can stack again.

I keep to myself- dont go to bars- or parties.

It will work out.

The bank box idea is not working out as well as I thought. This is a small town and the clerks get gitty and curious when a guy like me comes in with no wedding ring.

Not sure what I will so.

I wonder how many is too many in one day. I just made some eggs- get them ate before I take anything.

Back
Top Bottom