Proof and Uncirculated ASE silver coins set aside

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sure there is always SOME hope......... but BU usually to get any real premium for them you have to pay to get them certified and that is costly and usually doesnt cover the premium ...... Proofs ...i dont know a lot about but its similar to BU on the certifieds also i see some bring premiums if they have the mint boxes and paperwork

i think it is smart to maintain the best of anything like this as when it comes time to sell its always easier to sell a known high quality product even in the bullion market vs less common or scrappy stuff

it boils down to can you find a collector to buy them...and you dont want to pay a excess premium to buy them unless your a collector

just my opinions

Last edited:
The Burnished Uncirculated coins have traditionally not done well on the aftermarket.

The proof coins, especially those in Original Government Packaging, have fared considerably better.

If you stacked the 1995-w and the 2019-s ERP you're in GREAT shape. ;). There are also all the special issues like the 1945 privy, the 2011 5 coin set etc. Also, proofs always seem to at least hold their value if they're retail friendly.

jrog 100 the 2011 5 coin set I have set aside but I'm wondering if I may have made a mistake by not have my sets graded. I'm really not into graded coins so I suspect that I've missed the boat there. Any thoughts thoughts of going back now and getting at least on set graded.

I missed and don't know anything about the 2019s ERP what are they about. I've thought that I had a complete set of ASE's but now I'm not sure and am wondering if I'm missing something. Will have to check with my LCS.

jrog 100 the 2011 5 coin set I have set aside but I'm wondering if I may have made a mistake by not have my sets graded. I'm really not into graded coins so I suspect that I've missed the boat there. Any thoughts thoughts of going back now and getting at least on set graded.

I missed and don't know anything about the 2019s ERP what are they about. I've thought that I had a complete set of ASE's but now I'm not sure and am wondering if I'm missing something. Will have to check with my LCS.
That's a tough call on the grading. The 2011 5 coin is still going for around $600. Grading them may really cut into your profit if you plan to sell. plus, you generally want to sell mint products within a few days of them being offered becuase the desirability and fervor around the product is pretty high. I only sold 1 mint product and that was the palladium reverse proof which yielded about a $1,500 profit.

2019-s Enhance reverse proof is the lowest mintage of all the type 1 eagles at around 30,000. Lower mintage than the 95-W. that one is worth well into the 1K range and in MS-70 its really pricy.

I think a good product to collect are the modern morgan and peace dollars. those tend to still have a premium and they are offereing some interesting examples from the mint this year.

Back
Top Bottom