Returning CEO Bob Iger moves toward neutrality in the culture war

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SongSungAu

Big Eyed Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Returning CEO Bob Iger moves toward neutrality in the culture war

excerpt:

This is an important shift. Iger is signaling that Disney is moderating its position in the culture war. As I have been saying for months, the conservative strategy was to damage Disney’s brand, make the company pay a political price, and force the company to declare neutrality.
So far, it appears that the strategy is working.

Christopher Rufo's Twitter feed is worth browsing also:

it's quite satisfying seeing the megacorp leaders of the blm kill whitey racist hate getting agenda getting crushed -- disney, paypal, nike, fakebook, crowdstrike, netflix, google, etc...

Disney Backs Down on the Culture War | Critical Race Theory, Drag Queen Story Hour, and More! (44 min 05 sec):

Published on Dec 1, 2022 by Christopher F. Rufo​

Iger is trying to cover his @$$ at this point. As many pundits have pointed out he was the genesis behind the woke infection spiraling out of control inside of Disney.

Why would Iger come out of retirement? Because he was forced to do so. I bet you Blackrock told him fix this so at least they could break even or Iger was going to be exposed to some clawback clause in his contract. I can’t think of any other reason for Iger to want to joust this windmill. This is beyond ego.

The fact that Iger has been so public about things is telling. Iger likes to work behind the scenes and pull strings, not being on center stage except for fluff publicity and awards.

State of FL is also looking to rollback the legislation which took away Disney's autonomy.

State of FL is also looking to rollback the legislation which took away Disney's autonomy.
An obvious sign that Disney & Blackrock have been making lots of strategic donations.

I still say that the state of Florida shouldn’t reverse course. There’s been a lot of bad information spread about the state taking over Reedy Creek that is meant to scare the public.

The older I get the more I realize the virtues of the Hollywood Studio system. Creative people are naturally self destructive. They need to be constantly monitored and guided, sometimes blatantly controlled. Yes, you can point out the obvious exceptions but for every exception there are conservatively 10 examples where this is true. Iger was a creative in the business world. As creative as he was, Iger sowed the seeds of destruction for Disney.

Getting back on track, Disney can no longer survive on its own and I think it will eventually be cut up into pieces and sold off. I don’t think that Disney can recover from the current financial losses from the stinkers that they released and the ones still in the pipeline. Park attendance is down and customers are getting tired of being hit with extra fees and charges.

They are banking on Disney+ to evolve into a high demand channel. That might work internationally where foreigners identify with the ears and quality animation and are not exposed to their woke politics. Similar with the NBA in China.

They are banking on Disney+ to evolve into a high demand channel. That might work internationally where foreigners identify with the ears and quality animation and are not exposed to their woke politics. Similar with the NBA in China.
According to several independent analysts and pundits Disney + has been a disaster. Just the leaked TOTs (tune out times) have been very telling

Back
Top Bottom