Rich Americans getting 2nd or 3rd passport

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Having dual (or multiple) citizenship(s) can be very useful for traveling abroad to countries that aren't necessarily friendly to your primary affiliation. In some cases, identifying as another nationality could potentially save your life. It's great insurance for folks that can swing it.

My wife and I traveled abroad for the birth of our children (reverse anchor babies I guess). They have dual citizenship should they ever need it.

However, living abroad while still being an American citizen has drawbacks these days thanks to FATCA.

I am trying to figure out if Asia or Central American is better to get one. Thailand and Portugal are out because they changed tax laws.

It's also difficult to change your skin color...

Make this a Passport thread?

Having dual (or multiple) citizenship(s) can be very useful for traveling abroad to countries that aren't necessarily friendly to your primary affiliation. In some cases, identifying as another nationality could potentially save your life. It's great insurance for folks that can swing it.

My wife and I traveled abroad for the birth of our children (reverse anchor babies I guess). They have dual citizenship should they ever need it.

However, living abroad while still being an American citizen has drawbacks these days thanks to FATCA.
Once upon a time, the US didn't recognize Dual Nationals over the age of 18. Minor children who had claim to more than one nation's citizenship had until age 18 to exercise a choice. Registering to vote, enlisting/accepting a draft notice, applying for a passport...all of those were considered "exercising citizenship" and if done in the US, was a renunciation of claims to other nations' citizen status.

I know this as my father was a Dual National, with claims to both American and German citizenship.

I also know this because in the 1980s, I was trained as a welfare caseworker. Back then, we were to keep non-citizens OFF the welfare rolls.

But, somehow, and I'm not sure how or when, it was all changed.

My question here is: If you are in a sticky situation, and found with MORE THAN ONE passport...meaning, both of them are in front of whatever Gestapo force is examining you...would that not make things WORSE? You're not even a citizen of the Great Satan. You're someone with NO loyalty - and, it's not a stretch of the imagination, you could reasonably be accused of being part of the supernational Globalist cadre, or a sympathizer.

That, I would fear, would get you shot faster, not buy you time.

Back in my day, folks didn't need no fancy schmancy multiple passports and whatnot! No sir, we stayed right here, tending to our own business like good old-fashioned Americans. If you went overseas, it was because you were a soldier and you got shot at and that's the way we liked it!

We didn't need no extra citizenships. We were proud to be an American and that was that. We listened to the government and paid our taxes. That was the way it was and we liked it!

Back in my day, folks didn't need no fancy schmancy multiple passports and whatnot! No sir, we stayed right here, tending to our own business like good old-fashioned Americans. If you went overseas, it was because you were a soldier and you got shot at and that's the way we liked it!

We didn't need no extra citizenships. We were proud to be an American and that was that. We listened to the government and paid our taxes. That was the way it was and we liked it!
Big difference in government between then and now.

We meet dozens of dual, sometimes triple passport folks on our trips every year. Sat at dinner last night with canadiens from the UK, Germans from Argentina and were served by Philippine folks from Indonesia.... Life happens, the problem is .gov and corporations, last night the MD from Germany told awesome stories of his recent trip to Cuba, we had to sit back and once gain be embarrassed that Cuba id good enough place to torture people but not fly directly toward, truly stupid shit....

We've herd many stories of pirates off the African coast and this morning this ship chased us into the harbor... we are in Melilla and it an absolutely stunning day...

Untitled - 1 of 1 (3).jpeg

We've herd many stories of pirates off the African coast and this morning this ship chased us into the harbor... we are in Melilla and it an absolutely stunning day...

View attachment 12619
Looks like they’re just coming into port for some recreation and relaxation, otherwise they’d be flying the Jolly Roger flag if they’re gonna attack you.

1712834193204.jpeg

passport.gif

Back
Top Bottom