Right through $1200... Cool

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My guess - safe haven investing. Lot's of risk out there.

I know its not smart but I find myself watching the pm price charts a lot more lately .....
Im still a way down from going all in ( Sept 2011) but at least I can finally see progress towards getting back to the number I started at.

I was so relieved to be out of property and out of the banking system too.
Yeah I would go 'all in' again right now if I was still in fiats as it feels as risky now as it did in 2011.

But the controllers ability to control all markets still amazes me, so Im not reckoning on any large movement of log, just a gentle trend up.

I don't check all the FX charts frequently, but, while gold is slowly appreciating against the dollar, it's purportedly doing better against foreign currencies. I suspect if the Fed and it's water carriers continue to rumble about NIRP/no cash, gold will continue to attract more (and new) attention.

Im still a way down from going all in ( Sept 2011) but at least I can finally see progress towards getting back to the number I started at.

Currently I'm at 65% of investable net worth in PMs.
Went as high as 80% for a while but I just don't have the intestinal fortitude anymore to handle that kind of Rock'n'Roll. :)

Marc

.... while gold is slowly appreciating against the dollar, it's purportedly doing better against foreign currencies.

I got quite excited when Dave ( Cameron ) started scaremongering about what a disaster it would if the UK left europe to its problems and £ sterling fell.

But ever since, as Ive watched the $POG creeping up, I've seen the £ recovering, which meant theres been no significant £POG increase for a few weeks :flail:

However its the $ price that everyone watches and its creeping up nicely.
Im not convinced its being set up like oil and iron ore to fool the HFT algos.

A slow and steady rise makes sense if they really are about out of metal to back the paper price.

Don't know about you guys but this inability to bust through $1300 bugs me.
Read somewhere about a magic $1307 number. It is important to who?
Is that like a ShortStop or something?

Marc

Magic numbers/thresholds usually/generally indicate price points where a lot of stop loss orders are placed. These points are defended by large players to prevent big losses. That's how I understand it anyway.

Regardless of what's happening in the futures market, what's happening in the physical market could be very significant. People have talked for years about how the physical market could overwhelm the paper market. It seems that we are starting to see some objective signs of real stress in the physical market.

I am PhysicallyStressed as well. :)

Since 2014 I've been on the edge of my chair with more than half of my investable net worth riding the PM Bull. It is exhausting but every once in a while there is a pop and I can take a little money off the table.
I am tired of all the risk and would like to park the money where there is decent yield.

Marc

Wow, Ah May Zing...
Just went over to 321Gold and saw $1301 up $45.
Did a ShortStop Gonad get squeezed or something.

Marc

History being made tonight. UK voting to leave the EU. Brexit wins.

Back
Top Bottom