Ron Paul names his pick for Federal Reserve chairman

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul, a vocal critic of the Federal Reserve, dropped a potential name for chairman of the Fed on Wednesday evening.

During the online portion of Fox News’ “Special Report with Brett Baier,” Paul said that he would “probably” pick economist Jim Grant, editor of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, for the position.

The question was posed by Stephen Hayes of The Weekly Standard, who noted that Paul would be unable to immediately abolish the Federal Reserve.

“He’s an Austrian economist, he has experience on Wall Street, he’s brilliant, he’s a good historian,” Paul said of Grant. “He would quit printing money.”

Video: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/26/ron-paul-names-his-pick-for-federal-reserve-chairman/

An Excellent Choice!

Jim Grant would be an excellent choice! Take no prisoners...

Ron Paul is the best candidate IMO. Though I see NO EASY WAY out of our financial problems (those who have followed my ZH comments or my blog have seen this ad nauseum), Ron Paul would do two things to start us back up the hard trail to prosperity:

1) As C-in-Chief, he could bring back our soldiers

2) As a tried and true Libertarian, he could start cutting spending and start bringing back our liberties.

Yes, I donated to Ron Paul 2012.

I tend to keep up with Austrian economics, so I'm a bit surprised I haven't heard of him, but that is more a fault of mine than his.:p

Any comments on his books, worth a read?

You can find YouTubes of Grant speaking and stuff he wrote online. He's an outstanding choice IMO. Here's a sample:

Back
Top Bottom