Review: Scottsdale Silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

5.00 star(s)
1 Rating - Raters
Scottsdale-Silver-Stacker-Round-2oz-04-252x252.jpg

Shipping: $8.88 for orders less than $200, free for orders greater than $200. All orders shipped with insurance.

Payment Options: Credit Card (VISA, Mastercard, Discover), Paypal, Bank Wire, eCheck(ACH), Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Solana. (BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC, SOL)

~~~

Scottsdale Silver is a private silver mint based in Scottsdale, Arizona. They mint their own rounds, bars and sell a variety of interesting coins/rounds including legal tender from around the world.

In my experience, their packing and shipping has been fine. I've never had any problems with any orders. They sometimes include some promotional materials in the packaging like a Scottsdale Silver refrigerator magnet or such. The ones I have recieved were classy as far as that goes.

Pay attention when Scottsdale Silver tells you shipping is delayed 2-3 weeks (which is clearly displayed before you even put anything in the shopping cart). I have found their estimates to be pretty accurate.

Scottsdale's prices seem to be pretty average. Last time I checked, they were not quoting prices based upon the live spot price. Their prices tended to move in steps based upon the spot price in 15-20 minute intervals. Sometimes, this affords you an opportunity to buy silver at Scottsdale at a better price than other dealers. Sometimes, it means their prices are a bit higher.

Their own minted products are very high quality. They consistently command a premium over other generic (private mint) silver on ebay.

I signed up for Scottsdale's promo emails, but have rarely received any. They don't put their products on sale very often! Must not need to given that they seem to chronically have a 2-3 week delivery delay.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xxo
I have also had a positive experience with Scottsdale. There shipping time was accurate and the packaging was well done. Next time I order from them I will be ordering some of the new Kilo bars they have.

Their designs are excellent, I especially like the 1oz coin and might have to place an order.

Scottsdale is now offering a 1/2oz silver round. They sent me an email on Friday, but to an account that I don't check that often. They have a sale that ends tonight (Sunday) at midnight. If you buy a tube of 20 rounds (10 troy ounces), you can use coupon code 555 to get $5.55 off your order.

I've only ever made small purchases at a time. The packaging was a plain, thick bubble wrap mailer with stiff carboard inside. No one could tell what was inside. I don't recall what the label / return address said.

How discrete is their packaging?

I haven't ordered from here in a few months but if I recall the company's name was blacked out on the return address. There is nothing on the outside of the box to indicate there are PM's in the box. No lion or logo or even the word silver on the outside, so its pretty discrete. Also, no one could tell what was in the box because they put thick bubble packing between the bars which are wrapped in bubble wrap, so there is no clunking around.

Quote from Scottsdale Silver website:
Each package is fully insured and typically requires a signature upon delivery.

Scottsdale Silver are now offering five gram bars. They are promoting them as stocking stuffers. Nothing better then a gift of silver to begin to raise awareness for family, friends, and co-workers

Last edited:
Placed my order 3 weeks ago and they shaved off a couple of days on delivery.

Very pleased with their performance and those 10oz stackers are amazing to see.

A secret formula the sales guy told me and I'll definitely be one to tell you I am very impressed with them.

I have never seen such a crazy sheen/shine on a silver bar.

I think I even see rainbow-esque hue.

(btw..new member..Hi! I'm Q! )

-Q

WP_20130320_005.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_20130320_007.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
A secret formula the sales guy told me and I'll definitely be one to tell you I am very impressed with them.

No matter how I diagram that sentence, it just doesn't make any sense. ???

Yeah sorry there PMB.

Sometimes my words get a head of myself.

What I'm trying to say is when I was speaking with the sales guy, he mentioned their 10 oz stackers go through a shine using a secret formula.

I'm not sure if its chemical, or certain combinations of polishes, or something with the way the machine spits it out.

All I know is they are beautiful, as you can see, and if you twist them just right you can catch a bit of rainbow across the surface.

Very nice pieces and I'll definitely be a buyer again.

-Q

Oh. I agree, they are beautiful bars.

Great looking stackers! I think Scottsdale has some of the nicest designs of any mint.

Welcome to the board, MQ!

Thank you DDBMB!

I fear I'm falling in love with them and need more.

So if the banksters would be so kind I'll certainly indulge. :p

-Q

Tyvm banksters!

40 oz on the way!

Thank you sirs...may I have another!

-Q

While I love their bars more then anyone else, they charge quite a premium on them. I tried buying when silver was at 22 the other days and they wanted 27.5 per oz.. Gainesville I found some 10oz bars for only 24.5/oz shipped... all about da monies in my book.. GLTYA

Strange there ILT...I only paid $4 above spot and got free shipping.

Most dealers online are averaging $7 above spot.

Though Bulliondirect is still doing only a couple of dollars above spot ASE's.

Guess it depends.

-Q

Well I thought it only fair to update my order.

It's been exactly 4 weeks and no delivery.

I emailed them and received this:

Hi Q, :p

Demand has been very high for the past month or so, so it is taking us a bit longer to fulfill orders than we had estimated. The good news is, we have stackers coming out of production daily and looks like your order is in line to go out by Tuesday May 21 or earlier. You'll receive an email update with tracking upon shipment.

We greatly appreciate your patience in this crazy market.

Best Regards,

Scottsdale Silver

I still trust them and appreciated the quick email reply.

I'll update as soon as I receive the bars.

-Q

Scottsdale has a unique new product coming available in a few (?) weeks. The item is a physically typical 1oz silver bar produced by Scottsdale with their name, the crowned lion logo and a neat little anti-theft thingie on one side and the effigy of QEII, the name of Niue Island and a $2 denomination on the other side. It's both a rectangular legal tender Niue coin and a 1oz Scottsdale silver bar at the same time.

They released it at the World Money Show in Berlin and they're currently filling European and Asian orders. After they get through with that initial rush, they'll be making it available on their website. Their phone rep told me it'll be priced around the same as an ASE.

Sweet!

I meant to update.

I missed the postal dude today but I'll be picking them up in the morning.

Scottsdale is certainly not immune to the shortages as well.

Great doing business with them as they do post their ballpark time frame for shipping.

This was the longest they took, cornering around 5 weeks.

Last time they posted 4 weeks and I got it in less than 3.

The quality of those 10 oz stackers are just amazing so I'm always a happy customer!

Can't wait to see those new coins!

I think I found them!

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-36562-new-scottsdale-2-1oz-silver-coin-bar.html

lol and here! http://store.scottsdalesilver.com/p...e-Silver-CoinBar---Niue-Legal-Tender-PREORDER

-Q

Last edited:
Neat new "coin" (legal tender ingot):

445x300_COINBAR_V1.jpg

445x300_COINBAR_V2.jpg

And the security feature doesn't require a special reader or decoding device (just look at it from different angle):

445x300_COINBAR_V3.jpg

2013 mintage will be limited to 350,000. Interesting for the numismatic collecting crowd.

Sweet!

I meant to update.

I missed the postal dude today but I'll be picking them up in the morning.

Scottsdale is certainly not immune to the shortages as well.

Great doing business with them as they do post their ballpark time frame for shipping.

This was the longest they took, cornering around 5 weeks.

Last time they posted 4 weeks and I got it in less than 3.

The quality of those 10 oz stackers are just amazing so I'm always a happy customer!

Can't wait to see those new coins!

I think I found them!

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-36562-new-scottsdale-2-1oz-silver-coin-bar.html

lol and here! http://store.scottsdalesilver.com/p...e-Silver-CoinBar---Niue-Legal-Tender-PREORDER

-Q

not exactly the same thing, but I won a roll of BU 64 Kennedy halves in an auction, guy cashed my check April 30 but just got them yesterday. Thats the longest its ever been for me to get something AFTER they had my money. But it WAS a huge auction.

Rating:   5.00 star(s)
I've bought a fair bit from Scottsdale. Nice products at fair prices delivered as promised (if they will be delayed, they tell you up front).

Back
Top Bottom