she comes home tonight! I am so happy!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
It has been a LONG 5 days! She will be home tonight. I cant wait to get back to normal!!

(my neighbor)

forgive me for not knowing the back story, but, does this have anything to do with the people watching thing?

She had a great time at the beach house - and SEEN the beach.

This is a lady I do dinner and TV with every day- not the 2 ladies who live next door. (tho she is a neighbor)

Thank you! She is like a mom to me. I felt so alone for the 5 days. I could not say no dont go away. Her niece has a beach house out of state- so the sisters all drove down there.

I like how refreshed she is.

Before she left things were stressful.

It is about 3 years we have been this close.

BTW- I know pretty much all my neighbors. If there is a block issue we TALK to eachother. Some of us talk and send stuff over-
I hate living on the busy street- but I love some- (not all) but some of the people here. Life is less lonely. This is what makes a house a home!!

I been here 5 years. Tho I rented on the same block for 8 years.

It's interesting that you say that. I have lived on my street going on 13 years, and we have the same sort of thing. Most of my neighbors are good folks, hard working and generally good people. When one of them leaves for a while, like on vacation, we all miss them.

nice thread. I'm across the street from an 89 year old woman with a 56 year old downs syndrome son she cares for. We kinda look after her (shes a millionaire, doesn't want any help). I feel sorry for her son. When she dies, (and probably soon) he will be institutionalized and heavily medicated, as he will not listen to anyone. Perhaps she has made some kind of arrangement for him to be "watched". We also have three Republic of Texas (militia group) houses on our street, thrice convicted drug dealer across from me (I live on a corner). The rest of the street is section 8/welfare houses and elderly, and two drug houses. Not a good scenario at all when TSHTF. People leave me alone. My wife is the informal "head" of the asian community in this county; we have LARGE gathering (several hundred people) but no one drinks, lots of kids and playing etc. I grow flowers (I have hundreds of plumeria) and apparently the word is out that I like to collect guns (of course I don't have any guns, they are nasty and we have lots of teenagers around). The mailman said they call my house (a duplex with all the walls knocked out on two lots) the "compound". :rotflmbo:

Penn - Thats awesome. Its always nice having a "mom" away from mom.

its always nice having a close knit community. I have moved alot over the past 6 years or so, due to my job. Ive lived at my current house for a year and a half, and i have yet to meet any of my neighbors. we are a little spaced out and dont have any directly next to or behind me, but i have some across the road and down the road a couple of lots over. Not met a single one. When i was a kid, we always knew all of our neighbors and if one moved and someone new came in, we always made them feel welcome and a part of the community. i guess this is part of the reason why our society seems to be falling apart. Its alot more common these days for people to not know many of their neighbors than it use to be.

Jay - It has got to be tough on that lady, and i feel for her son. Its sad hearing that being placed in an institution is the only option for when his mother passes. My aunt was DS, she was 58 and passed away a couple weeks ago. She was such a sweet lady. She lived with my grandmother, my other aunt, and my uncle, and my mother and their other sister and other relatives would go out and help take care of her. Near the end, she had gotten so bad off that she quit eating and the nurses wanted to put her in a "facility". That near to the end, that would be a horrible thing to do, to place her somewhere where she has never been, to take her from everything she has known, to be left and forgotten about. None of us liked that idea and it was decided that they would send nurses out every day to assist in taking care of her. {sigh}. anyways, i hope they have other arrangements for him, some family or close friends that are willing to take him in and treat him as family.

anyways.

O2, it's quite an interesting scenario. My neighbor is mad at the government because they won't pay for ANY care for her son. She is head of the cities womens democrat society. (The government will pay for mental retardation, and other situations, but Downs is considered a situation in which the person not only will NEVER get any better but actually gets worse (as Tracys mind is deteriorating). We can hear Doris screaming at him every day, even with the windows closed and the aircon on. I asked her why she screams at him; she said "because he won't listen to anything I say." The rest of her family is dead, with the exception on one son who most certainly won't take care of his brother. Her husband died 16 years ago. From what I hear in the grocery store, she has always had the best of everything for herself her entire life. Sounds to me her life completely sucks.

About ten years ago, when I started buying precious metals, I mentioned to her one day I had never seen a kruggerand. She said, "Oh, those kruggerands. When they became popular, I had to have one, so I went and bought one, and a gold chain so I could wear it around my neck." I said, "really?" She said, "Yes, and it made my neck go krrrrrk. It was so heavy. It doesn't matter now. It's all dust."

Indeed.

If Tracy is institutionalized, they will HEAVILY medicate him. I have seen it before. He plays golf every day, all afternoon. (He says he's better than Tiger Woods). In a group home or whatever, when he decides its time for him to go play golf, no one will be able to stop him, without restraints or sedation. (He's a big boy).

Last edited:
that makes the entire situation for him even more sad. I dont know which is worse, having to deal with being yelled at all day every day, or being restrained or medicated and sedated to the point of not being able to enjoy the rest of his life.

As a kid- my friends house prior owner had a grown son who was retarded- one day when they came home they found him there even tho they all had moved. He was inside the house.

wow, thats horrible. did they leave him there when they moved, or had he found his way back to what he knew as home?

He moved- he just did not realize it one day.

Back
Top Bottom