Shut up and shave

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I tried Harry's once. Cut the heck out of my face. Blades were further apart than the Gillette 5 blade I use.
Sent them back and they refunded $$ I paid.

Several years ago I bought about 10 Gillette blade packs.
I use them for about a year before changing them. I'm good for a decade at least.

Unfortunately it is a subscription service only.

I use single edged "safety" razor blades. My picks are Derby, Shark, Astra, Personna, and Feather. Most of them were around $7 to $11 per hundred, except for Feather. The best price I could get for Feather was 25 cents each. My Merkur handle was just over $20 or so.

My subjective opinion:
Derby is not the sharpest, but it gets the job done and is very forgiving.
Shark and Astra are sharper and do a good job.
Personna is a bit sharper still.
Feather is super sharp, and can give a great shave, but it demands respect.

Back
Top Bottom