Review: silver.com

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

wlogo.png.pagespeed.ic.Mvosp_yOcI.webp

Locations: Dallas, TX

Shipping (USA): $10 orders less than $200, free orders more than $200. All orders insured.

Payment Options: Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, Check, Wire, Bitcoin, Ethereum

~~~

Right now the only places I am still ordering from are APMEX, and JMBullion. I see Silver.com has a lot of the best prices on the compare prices site, has anyone does business with them? I couldn't find a review on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order for some ASEs with these guys (Amagi) last week. Price was very good and I used PayPal for a change instead of the normal personal check. Shipping was very fast and arrived nicely packaged.

As far as silver.com 11C1P- I read on reddit in a few places that they are owned by JM Bullion. Anyone know if there's any truth to that? They have pretty good prices but I can't find much info about them on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never ordered from silver.com. Lately I've been using silvertowne for small orders of silver.

If they are the same company why would there be a nearly $1 spread on their ASE's & CSM's?

Guess that's why I don't run a business, makes no sense to me to pay to run 2 different sites that have 2 different prices for the same products.

Okay, giving these guys a shot. As it's a Saturday, I hope they ship on Monday and don't consider Tues. as being shipped "next day".

Wow just noticed they did not charge me what the quoted price was for the ASE's & CSM's The ASE's were listed as being $19.53, I got charged $20.31, each and maples listed at $19.09 ea I got charged $19.86 ea. Shady stuff right out the gate doesn't look good.

So they sent an email saying it did ship today and that I can track it. Only thing, they didn't send me a tracking number or link, and there is no number or link in my account page either. :shrug:

Silver arrived today. They never did send me the tracking # for it, so I was beginning to wonder what was going on. Place the transaction solidly in the "meh" category.

OK, orderd a roll of ASE from Silver.com Dec 31. Per their site, there is a 48 hour wait while they confirm first time credit card orders. All this happened, then I got an email saying my order had shipped (two day priority USPS mail).

here is the tracking info:
Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:

Priority Mail 2-Day™

Features:

Signature Confirmation™
Up to $100 insurance included

Restrictions Apply Priority Mail Insurance info icon

Date & Time

Status of Item

January 12, 2015 , 7:43 am

Out for Delivery

BURNET, TX 78611

Your item is out for delivery in BURNET, TX 78611.

January 12, 2015 , 7:33 am

Sorting Complete

BURNET, TX 78611

January 12, 2015 , 6:21 am

Arrived at Post Office

BURNET, TX 78611

January 12, 2015 , 2:52 am

Departed USPS Facility

AUSTIN, TX 78710

January 11, 2015 , 8:09 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

AUSTIN, TX 78710

January 9, 2015 , 6:47 pm

Departed USPS Facility

LUBBOCK, TX 79402

January 8, 2015 , 10:26 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

LUBBOCK, TX 79402

January 7, 2015 , 11:26 pm

Departed USPS Facility

MEMPHIS, TN 38118

January 7, 2015 , 5:12 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

MEMPHIS, TN 38118

January 5, 2015 , 6:04 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

ANAHEIM, CA 92899

January 5, 2015 , 4:49 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

IRVINE, CA 92614

January 3, 2015 , 8:05 pm

Shipping Label Created

IRVINE, CA 92614

my wife said, what, did it walk here?

Yeah, I'm still waiting on an order I placed on the morning of Jan 2nd. When I email them asking them where my silver is, they start talking about the updates on the USPS site. I'm done with them and APMEX. Both have gone to crap on my last 2 purchases with them.

my wife said, what, did it walk here?

It looks to me that silver.com did exactly what they said they would do. 48 hours from 31Dec14 is 3Jan15 when you realize that there is 1 holiday and 2 weekend days in between.

The post office took 9 days to deliver a Priority 2nd-day package, which is extremely long in my experience. In my experience with 2-day priority, packages get delivered in 2 working days most of the time, and occasionally 3, but never 9.

So, anyone that blames silver.com for slowness like this is being unfair to them in my view.

It looks to me that silver.com did exactly what they said they would do. 48 hours from 31Dec14 is 3Jan15 when you realize that there is 1 holiday and 2 weekend days in between.

The post office took 9 days to deliver a Priority 2nd-day package, which is extremely long in my experience. In my experience with 2-day priority, packages get delivered in 2 working days most of the time, and occasionally 3, but never 9.

So, anyone that blames silver.com for slowness like this is being unfair to them in my view.

yes, i have NO quarrels with Silver.com. (they were actually 20 dollars a roll cheaper also). I merely posted that because I thought the tracking was humorous. I'll order from them again. I want to try Provident, though, now that they have eliminated the sales tax in Texas.

even the postmaster here said WTF? this package should have been delivered a week ago

Last edited:
ordered roll of ASE Friday from Silver.com, in my hands Monday morning. (Of course silver has gone down about 50 cents an ounce since then).

Well, I gave these guys another shot, and it's not looking good. Ordered Mon. morning and the tracking says it is supposed to be delivered today. Didn't come, so checked the tracing number. It's in Alabama and listed as "out for delivery" Don't know where the hell they shipped it to, but I just hope I can get my money back before the prices shoot back up.

If they sent it to Alabama maybe you accidently gave them my address. If it shows up here, don't worry I'll hold on to it till you can make it down here to pick it up.:D

The waiting is the hardest part. Good Luck

So it finally got here. 6 days is better than some, but still not very inspiring.

I was going to say that if you had received a tracking number (post #21), then they likely shipped your order. Glad you received it. :)

6 days for ground shipping isn't too bad brother. That is standard for Apmex. In fact, NWT is famous for their two week "express" nonsense, and that was with a bank wire. I was sweating bullets over a 100 dollar bag of face value quarters and two tubes of ASE's a few years ago. Especially because I didn't tell Mrs. Ancona I sent all that jack without so much as a how do you do to her.

Back
Top Bottom