Silver going down down baby

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

marper

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
So it looks like silver prices are heading down. Not good for the metal I have on hand but I am not buying silver for the short term I am buying it as protection against an out of control government. Regardless I think we are going to see prices go down in the near term as investors pull there paper out and invest in stocks. This is going to present a really good buying opportunity I am just wondering what do you think the bottom is going to be? We are at $21 today how low can we go? Do we see $15 silver? Could we actually get to $10 again? And for how long will we have this cheap silver?

Silver will never be free to extract, so your guess is as good as mine.

Spot is already below mining costs - much less value added services like minting. Not sure how much lower it might go, but it's not sustainable.

Short of some unexpected event, I seriously doubt that silver will go much below $20 and if it does won't stay down for long. My best GUESS at the moment is late October for a bottom in the $19-20 area.

PM's have typically not stayed under their 100/200dma for an extended period of time.

The longest has been 1 year and we are closing that gap now.

The 100 is sitting at 27.04 and the 200dma is at 29.80.

Those (and they will start easing lower as there has been a lot of lower prices since January) will be my first targets on the rise out of the summer.

This years top targets are still sitting at a big range of 32-36/oz before we start testing new highs in 2014.

Unfortunately with all the global BS and what Bernansky had for breakfast rhetoric this year it didn't help us to do those retests just yet.

Good luck to us all!

-Q

Still just variation. I think it's just trading sideways at around 20 $.

If you are trading futures and buying Silver coins you should look at spoteaglesdotcom; or call toll-free at 855-428-2628. You can buy ASE coins through SpotEagles at spot.

*Special Price limited to 2 coins.

-Other restrictions may apply

Silver seems to be bouncing off of an invisible floor here. I think 19 and change might be our new "hard bottom" for now. With the volatility mentioned over and over in other threads, and the mismatch between true demand and actual available metal, the fireworks show is setting up to be pretty epic.

I can't fookin wait!

Silver seems to be bouncing off of an invisible floor here. I think 19 and change might be our new "hard bottom" for now. With the volatility mentioned over and over in other threads, and the mismatch between true demand and actual available metal, the fireworks show is setting up to be pretty epic.

I can't fookin wait!

So you too think it will go lower?

I didn't have the funds to stack up again, still waiting for my salary...
I hope it falls down to at least 20 $ and then I'll back up the truck.

:silver:

Gosh, I hope it's gonna go down a bit more...

Looks like the bulls are going to run again.

I have a feeling there will be at least one more healthy dip down to around $20 maybe under again. If I had to guess I would say Dec. 2013 - Jan. 2014 would be my gut feeling. Several times the last few years there's been a dip around that time period and a lot of people are still struggling so they are probably selling off their silver to make Christmases better and/or pay off any bills after Christmas they ran up for it.

I'll cross my fingers, but we dumb Airborne types don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, much else what will be in three or four months.

I have a feeling there will be at least one more healthy dip down to around $20 maybe under again. If I had to guess I would say Dec. 2013 - Jan. 2014 would be my gut feeling. Several times the last few years there's been a dip around that time period and a lot of people are still struggling so they are probably selling off their silver to make Christmases better and/or pay off any bills after Christmas they ran up for it.

There should be a low on the last day of the year simply because big money is balancing out their portfolios since, by law, those portfolios must be marked to market on the last trading day of the year.

Will it be around $19/20? If the current downtrend has not been broken, then prices should be somewhere between $19 and $24. If the current downtrend has been broken, then prices should be around $26 on the last day of the year.

We don't have long before we will know.

I think silver will be just fine through the end-of-year period. The imminent war with Syria may complete the destabilization of the MENA, which will send oil in to the stratosphere, especially if the Iranians and Russians get involved. It will only take one sunburn missile to do the trick. i think all bets are off until Syria is decided once and for all. In my opinion, Syria will become a swamp of extremist activity approaching anarchy if the regime is toppled and removed. expect a lot more on this event in the coming weeks.

Go silver!

I think silver will be just fine through the end-of-year period. The imminent war with Syria may complete the destabilization of the MENA, which will send oil in to the stratosphere, especially if the Iranians and Russians get involved. It will only take one sunburn missile to do the trick. i think all bets are off until Syria is decided once and for all. In my opinion, Syria will become a swamp of extremist activity approaching anarchy if the regime is toppled and removed. expect a lot more on this event in the coming weeks.

Go silver!

Some think Syria will be partitioned into two states. One for the regime (with gas and Russia) and the other for (your name here). Everybody gets half a loaf.

Am I the only bull left?

Nope. Long term I am very bullish. However, the reality is that we are currently in a bear market (loadem up while you can) and, until we break out of this bear market, PMs are not going to show any bullish colors.

Some think Syria will be partitioned into two states. One for the regime (with gas and Russia) and the other for (your name here). Everybody gets half a loaf.

Not going to happen. Iran, including Iran's proxy, leaves either voluntarily or involuntarily. In the short term Russia may stay, but in the long term Russia, too, is gone. The 'winner' in this dog fight will be the EU.

Look at your maps. By sea Russia is dependent upon Turkey to stay in Syria - can we say Dardanelles? Via land or air the only reasonable ways Russia can get to Syria is through/over Turkey, Iran/Lebanon, or the EU. Turkey is hell bent on joining the EU and will do anything necessary to accomplish that aim, even if it means pissing Russia off. The Mediterranean is an EU 'lake' and Russia is only welcome as long as they keep the gas/oil flowing to the EU via the Baltic and other pipelines. Sooner or later Russia and the EU will be at each other's throats playing chicken like they have done numerous times in the past. At that point Syria, Lebanon, and others will be aligned with the EU, and Russia will be out.

Silver and gold are wild-cards in my view, as the political consequences of a US strike on Syria [one for which we do not have UN support] will change everything. We are placing assets in preparation of missile strikes and the UN inspectors haven't even had a chance to fucking investigate. I suppose it's shoot first and ask questions later.

By the way, I do not recall Syria having attacked our people or provoke us in any way, so the justification for this war is non-existent. The chemical weapon thing is total flim-flam, since the US is guilty of littering the entire countries of Iraq and Afghanistan with depleted uranium rounds. This has a cute little ancillary benefit when it causes tens of thousands of deaths and birth defects.

Last edited:
Well, now that Syria has had a chance to evacuate and hide everything we can safely blow a few holes into a runway or two without hurting anybody. I am going to guess that someone is offering Assad a bunch of money to leave voluntarily, set up a puppet, hold peace talks in Geneva, and everything can go back to "normal".

well, getting my daily APMEX ads, absolutely NO money for PM's though.... :(

Down the last few days. Under $24 had to sneak in and drop a c note + on a couple maples and handful of junk coins.

Down the last few days. Under $24 had to sneak in and drop a c note + on a couple maples and handful of junk coins.

I'm gonna get some help if I get that bad.... :rotflmbo:

Back
Top Bottom