Silver is poisoning the environment!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

OK. How do we enterprising minds recover the silver from our waste water to, you know, save the environment?

are they equally concerned about the exorbitant antibiotics concentrations, in the ground waters, in the rivers, and food we eat daily? I'd rather have silver, honestly.

I doubt it

Silver isn't a dangerous metal by itself so why would contamination be something to worry about. Silver in your body is another issue. There was a fad where people were ingesting colloidal silver thinking it had health benefits. That wasn't true, but what it did do is turn their skin permanently blue.

Silver isn't a dangerous metal by itself so why would contamination be something to worry about. Silver in your body is another issue. There was a fad where people were ingesting colloidal silver thinking it had health benefits. That wasn't true, but what it did do is turn their skin permanently blue.
I thought it only turned blue if used too much, but aside from the blue color, it did not hurt the body?

Plenty of people use colloidal silver to tackle viruses ( including vets ) but you mainly read the scare stories about those who really took too much and of the wrong particle size.
I also reckon its not really harmful in our drinking water and is certainly a lower threat than a whole lot of other stuff that is somehow allowed.

Plenty of people use colloidal silver to tackle viruses ( including vets ) but you mainly read the scare stories about those who really took too much and of the wrong particle size.
I also reckon its not really harmful in our drinking water and is certainly a lower threat than a whole lot of other stuff that is somehow allowed.
Silver is a commonly used biocide in drinking water; as you said it must be used in the proper concentration.

OK. How do we enterprising minds recover the silver from our waste water to, you know, save the environment?
Based on what I hear in teh innerwebs, we just need some scuba gear.

Back
Top Bottom