Silver Pandas?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cybrsk8r

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Would you buy a Silver Panda? I think they're nice looking coins, but considering the propensity of the Chinese for counterfeiting everything from toothpaste to brake linings, I'd tend to steer clear of Chinese PMs. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Aside from the counterfeit problem,the premiums are usually high.I hate premiums!

GOD BLESS & BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!

Pandas are cool looking, but the premiums are ridiculous so I don't have any. I did get a bunch of kookaburras a long time ago for 16 bucks each, and they were all limited run coins with the privy marks.

That was a good buy

Kookaburras are kinda pricey also. They're probably worth three times what you paid for them.

I have some pandas, 2004s or 2005s, I forget. I can't look at them NOW because they were lost in a terrible boating accident :))) but I think I gave about thirty dollars each for them then. Oh I wish I had some money to stack some more. Went to the gun show yesterday and saw a 30-30 I want soooo bad but I'd have to sell some silver to get it, just not willing to do that....

i used to buy them because my dealer just considered them 1 oz of silver with the regular dollar or two over spot premium. but their fakes have become very good. the first counterfeit pandas i saw several years ago weighed about 4 grams less then an oz and you could see they just werent real. i bought 2 about six months ago that were double sealed that ended up being counterfeit. and they are beautiful. everything on them was perfect, including the weight, but they werent made out of silver, i think they were made out of nickel. i saw this thread and made an account to put in my two cents

Back
Top Bottom