Silver Purchase - post-delivery inspection to-do's?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
All...

Received my Ag yesterday.

Box was sealed with a "West Point Mint" stamp.

Are there any post-delivery inspection to-do's I should complete to ensure everything is in order?

Should I weigh? Should I count?

What's the audience say?

Thanks!

Keep your (shipping?) receipt or any paperwork you got from Tulving (proving where you bought it from). The US Mint seal should be sufficient if it's not tampered with (ie. don't tamper with it).

Keep your (shipping?) receipt or any paperwork you got from Tulving (proving where you bought it from).

Already done.

The US Mint seal should be sufficient if it's not tampered with (ie. don't tamper with it).

Uh oh...broke the seal. Had to see. What's the downside here? Future purchases I will not break seal however, how does this impact this particular shipment?

I saw some video on the net, guess some people think you can sell the box for more if you never opened it. But come 10 yrs I think I would want to see what is in it before buying so seems a bit excessive to me. Maybe if you have many of them no reason to open the 3rd or 4rth one, but the first one I think is warranted.

A guy on goldseek radio has a good saying. Lets not trip over pennies on the way to dollars.

Uh oh...broke the seal. Had to see. What's the downside here? Future purchases I will not break seal however, how does this impact this particular shipment?

Just guessing, but it will make it harder for you to sell the coins for any numismatic premiums for "West Point Mint" 2012 edition coins should such a premium ever materialize. You should have no problem ever selling the coins for their bullion value (with normal ASE premium).

Considering it's your first foray into buying silver, I'd say that the experience of seeing/handling the precious metal is worth the potential loss of a few bucks. You can't really put a price on some experiences/knowledge.

I've never bought a US Mint sealed roll or box, so I see/handle all the metals I buy. I'm like Uncle Scrooge diving into his vault when I get a shipment in. :)

I would have at least had to open at least one roll to check them out too. I would say its ok to open a few, but having the unopened tubes are probably better for resale purchases (at least on ebay).

Leave monster boxes sealed. The tubes, if purchased individually, probably don't matter that much, if at all.
ML's are not in sealed tubes.

Back
Top Bottom