Silver Refining

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ADK

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Hello out there! It's been a while for me on this board, but I lurk now and then still. Life got in the way for a few years and has had me pretty busy... As it happens now and then.

Anyhow, I have a small project. I recently picked up some scrap silver solder which I believe is 11.25% silver (the label is scratched off and it says X1.25% sil, so I am hoping for the best)

Anyhow, the plan is to melt a small ingot and see if someone at a scrap yard can shoot it with an XRF which should give me a close % silver.

Is there any good way to extract the silver on my own? If not, can someone recommend a good refinery? It's 25# of solder... So I am hoping for 2+ pounds of silver. Maybe wishful thinking and it's worth more to sell it as solder!

Thanks!

ADK

there is a forum that does that. gold refining I think. so a search. the white papers are fascinating

Thank you both and thanks for the "welcome back". It's been a while. Life gets busy I suppose. Silver seems to be on sale right now, too.

I'm back in!

Thanks and I'll let you know how the refining goes!

ADK

Back
Top Bottom