Silver sliding again

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, it looks liek silver and gold are sliding down again today. Was there a margin increase or something? Since no one is selling physical, this is just more silver bashing with imaginary paper silver. If this keeps up, expect the premiums for physical to start rising.

Given the chaos in the gold market, silver is holding up pretty well again...
I think it's just the action in gold.
Platinum and palladium look pretty stable, too.

I'm wondering how much further the slide might go. Does anyone think this may be a time to sell some bullion and buy back lower or is the consensus that the bottom is near.
I have a feeling silver could drop in price a fair bit (25-28 maybe?), but if so it would be for a very short time.

I'm wondering how much further the slide might go. Does anyone think this may be a time to sell some bullion and buy back lower or is the consensus that the bottom is near.
I have a feeling silver could drop in price a fair bit (25-28 maybe?), but if so it would be for a very short time.

Theoretically, silver could go as low as 26 without violating its uptrend. However, I would be surprised to see it even momentarily dropping below 30. Needless to say, based on price action for the last several years, anything below 30 is buy, buy, buy in my book. If perchance it did drop below 26, I would re-examine the whole silver market from the view that it might be time to consider selling silver on spikes in the market rather than on buying on dips.

As far as selling goes, never sell into dropping markets. Sell into rising markets and vice versa. If you think you want to sell some silver, wait for silver to start rising again, then sell bits and pieces into every spike.

My personal opinion is that now is neither the time to buy nor the time to sell, though a buying time appears to be approaching.

I expect to see another buying opportunity before it is all over. I am in for the long term anyway, so these little blips on the radar do not frighten me one bit.

It's more metal for a dollar cost averaging budget.

To be clear, I am in no way 'panicking', nor do I think silver is heading down for the long term. My question above had to do specifically to see how others viewed the short term and whether or not it would be prudent to sell and rebuy if it is looking like a considerable drop.
For my part, I do not consider silver to be part of my day to day financial consideration. It is long term (like a self-funded retirement plan).

"My question above had to do specifically to see how others viewed the short term and whether or not it would be prudent to sell and rebuy if it is looking like a considerable drop."

@Jetstream

I see your logic, and it's a great plan, but your best bet to buy the dips and sell the peaks for short term profit are to make paper trades, like PSLV. Keep that phyzz no matter what for now and hold it tight!!!! At the very least, you'd avoid shipping and handling charges associated with delivery ( or other reasons )which add up pretty quick. To go a step further, you never know when the crash is going to hit, and I think we all agree here that it's coming at some point. Better to have your stacks on hand as opposed to the chance, however slight it may be, of having the crash during a physical trade.

Thank you dali.
Pretty much in line with my thinking, but I was curious to see how others saw it.
I have stayed out of the paper side of things all my life, and am not about ready to change now.

Back
Top Bottom