Small Engine Repair

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Just repaired a Husqvarna pole saw two weeks ago. Left fuel in it over the winter and couldn't get it to idle. Then I couldn't even get it to start. Tried fresh fuel with no luck. Ordered a new carb and fuel lines rather than mess with cleaning it out. The fuel lines were brittle and just came apart. Total cost of repair was $20 and about an hour of my time.

Just repaired a Husqvarna pole saw two weeks ago. Left fuel in it over the winter and couldn't get it to idle. Then I couldn't even get it to start. Tried fresh fuel with no luck. Ordered a new carb and fuel lines rather than mess with cleaning it out. The fuel lines were brittle and just came apart. Total cost of repair was $20 and about an hour of my time.
Welcome to the world of ethanol fuel.

Fortunately for me, booze-free is plentiful where I'm at. Costs a dollar a gallon more, but worth it. And I have a small engine - attached to a small motorcycle, with a carb. Online, I've seen what corn squeezin's does to that carb.

With pure gas, I left the tank full, over the winter (no condensation, ergo, no rust) and it started and ran just fine.

Eventually, the Corn Pop Gestapo will take ethanol-free away. We have it here because there's a lot of recreational use - ORVs and boats - and the Forest Service search-and-rescue and Smokejumpers, all need portable small-engine power. They don't want to get stuck like the Battery Boys want for the Little People. So, there's booze-free everywhere.

Soon, I expect the Forest Service/Park Service/Smokejumper School/NWS (they're all in one big compound by the airport) will put in a private underground set of tanks, kept from Deplorable access.

This Lawnmower Starts & Dies And Makes A Strange noise - Let's Fix It!​

Sep 15, 2023

14:33

Clever MASTER MECHANIC'S Wrench Idea! ¡Idea inteligente de llave inglesa MAESTRO MECÁNICO! NO WAY!​

Jun 25, 2023

3:00

Making 14 Hp Brush Mower - using Lawn Mower parts​

Jun 22, 2023

34:50

We will try to add a longer and more detailed test in the next video :)Using parts from an old broken lawn mower, we decided to do something very useful.
Brush Mower It is very necessary for high and varied green areas. It can cut grass, weeds and even small trees or branches.
We used a 14 Hp engine and a hydrostatic gearbox for the drive.
Blades bought at a farm store for an orchard mower.

This one's a bit different.

Weird N' Wild Equipment from Con Expo 2023 4K​

26:41

This TORO Snowblower Won't Shift Gears - Let's Fix It With Donyboy73!​

Nov 5, 2023

8:43

Customer Says Snowblower Sputters & Dies - Let's Fix It!​

8:23

Solution is simple.

Just buy a Chin-made ELECTRIC snowblower. It'll last half a season; the lithium batteries will go into a landfill and poison ground water near YOU...but it will make the Woketards happy. And the Washington State Woketard-Legislature is now about to MANDATE such "choices."

Sorry to go off-topic. Some things are just maddening to me.

Everyone Hates Plowing Snow. The Updated Yarbo Robot Cleans Up While You're Inside​

When I was a wee lad growing up in rural Illinois, I dreaded snowstorms because they meant I'd have to bundle up and shovel the driveway for my mom the next morning. I dreamt of a utopian future in which robots could do this work for me. At CES 2024, that dream became reality.

More:

That's about like self-driving cars.

Just because it's possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom