So, I have been away road tripping in the USA with the hubby and visited a lot of historic and also fun places. Back Now.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Agavegirl1

Predaceous Stink Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
While Theme parks and civil war battlefields may not interest everyone, I took some time away to deal with family, overdue vacations and a project or two. I have some photos to share and will do it here.

Civil war battlefields are very high on my bucket list. Do you have a sister that is single and enjoys them too? :ROFLMAO:

I live in the middle of Civil War battlefields. The Rappahannock River is one of my property lines and was used to ferry troops and munitions for the war. The property next to mine has an old Confederate hospital on it and my property has an unmarked graveyard. This area is steeped with history.

The San Jancinto Monument in Deer Park/La Porte isn't too far away from where I live. They do an annual reenactment of the Battle of San Jacinto (part of the fight for Texas independence from Mexico) and I've seen it once (just happened to be there that day - wasn't a planned thing). It was quite the spectacle.

I live in the middle of Civil War battlefields. The Rappahannock River is one of my property lines and was used to ferry troops and munitions for the war. The property next to mine has an old Confederate hospital on it and my property has an unmarked graveyard. This area is steeped with history.
You didn’t say the unmarked graveyard was related to the civil war...

But that is still all cool. There’s a lot there.

Agavegirl—looking forward to pictures

You didn’t say the unmarked graveyard was related to the civil war...

But that is still all cool. There’s a lot there.

Agavegirl—looking forward to pictures

We honestly have no way of knowing. But the former hospital is next door and I doubt they were hauling the bodies very far away.

I love road trips. Cant wait to see your photos. We did one last year and ended up moving out of NM and into The Heartland near Omaha. I want to do a Rt 66 trip and stop at some of the cool places along the old Hiway.

Back
Top Bottom