Someone really hates silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
It looks like Da Boyzz are hard at work trying to crush our girl Silver in to oblivion. This paper pushing really is amusing to me, since my LCS has set what he calls a floating premium for his silver. He takes his DCA and then determines his true sale price with mark-ups, then he adds the cost of acquisition and boom, subtract Spot from his sell price and you have the "premium". Anyone who buys silver on a regular basis knows exactly the same thing. The paper heads can do as they wish, pushing it down to one dollar if they so desire, but when push comes to shove, and the short squeeze gets real, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Last edited:
About three this morning someone dumped a truck convoy load of gold for no reason other than to slam a dick in the door, crushing gold. Silver followed along like a good little girl.

With the BOA announcement that they're closing their silver short, why in the hell is silver dropping? Are 'Da Boyzz' helping out their favorite bitch by "adjusting" silver downward to make their exit less painful?

With the BOA announcement that they're closing their silver short, why in the hell is silver dropping? Are 'Da Boyzz' helping out their favorite bitch by "adjusting" silver downward to make their exit less painful?

Good call. Maybe it's time to buy.

Friday's are typically profit taking days Mark...ya know that!

With such a strong move yesterday it shouldn't come as a surprise with the recent highs that someone wants to see where this goes come next week.

The trend is starting to change to up but as a chartist it is pretty much in neutral territory.

I'm still looking for my Sept. targets and think we will get them before the month is out.

Hang tight!

-Q

Really? Four and a half percent drop in one hour? No no Mr. Congressman, it's not manipulation, is't just an active market.

Bullard's flapping his lips about tapering NEXT month. We can bet the rest of the Reserve Branch presidents to be doing the same thing.

Bullard's flapping his lips about tapering NEXT month. We can bet the rest of the Reserve Branch presidents to be doing the same thing.

Yep. More MOPE. Should bring another pop upwards when tapering doesn't happen yet again. Apparently Fed peeps have never heard The Boy Who Cried Wolf or learned the lesson therein.

Exactly. They've really painted themselves into a corner now, and even if they *can't* taper next month due to the debt ceiling not being raised, it's gonna destroy their credibility.

45 Cents in two minutes!! What a load of horse shit!

Look at the Kitco chart and it shows a huge dump, and then one minute later, another identically sized huge dump. Talk about having .Gov fingerprints all over the sell button!

Where's my baseball bat?

its killing me. I won't have any available funds till next year. Its tax time.

This price capping has become so completely obvious as to enrage me. Where is the fucking CFTC on this game. I want some heads on a stick.

This price capping has become so completely obvious as to enrage me. Where is the fucking CFTC on this game. I want some heads on a stick.

Witch heads do you want? :rotflmbo:

Witch%20Head%20on%20Stick.jpg

Uh oh. This one looks pretty real - someone's found a way to make solar panels without silver for the conductors...though the jury is out on life - I wasn't super impressed by the life test methods, or the
claim of "finally breaking $1/watt" as that was broken already last time I bought panels, from a German outfit (Schott) based in the US for manufacturing.

Link:
http://phys.org/news/2013-11-solar-cell-efficient-costly.html

They've found a way to use copper on the cells themselves, they don't say if they'll still use silver ribbon between them. Copper work hardens faster than silver...and the main killer of panels is expansion/contraction due to daily temperature swings. Rarely mentioned is how much effort a solar panel firm goes to in order to match the tempcos of the cells to the backing material to reduce the harm from this, but it's actually the difference between 30+ year life and one year.

I'll keep my silver based cells...

How's this for some contrasting news...

Silver Bulls had better flex any muscles they might have very quickly as the Bears are out growling and seem quite determined to go a stop huntin'.

The rectangular area shaded and marked support is an important inflexion point for the metal. If it does not bounce from this region and head back up again, in effect reinforcing its range trade, odds will favor a continuation lower to $20 and possibly down to $19.

The 50 day moving average is resuming its downward trend after having leveled off back in late August. ...

http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com/2013/11/silver-on-ropes.html

US Mint sales of Silver Eagles hit all time high in 2013: http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f13/us-mint-sales-gold-silver-1554/index3.html#post26362

Back
Top Bottom