SS direct deposit stolen

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
the neighbor Cindy had someone steal her Soc Sec direct deposit- some one from Texas. The irony is Cindy almost never uses the Internet.

Wasn't direct deposit supposed to end theft?

Looks like she is out of the cash too.

How will this go when bit coin is broken into?

Im glad it wasnt me.

Actually Penn, if she gets loud enough at the bank, she will probably get her account credited with the amount stolen. After that, she needs to have her account number changed.

the neighbor Cindy had someone steal her Soc Sec direct deposit- some one from Texas. The irony is Cindy almost never uses the Internet.

Im glad it wasnt me.

my checking account was stolen about a year ago; the bank told me it was a problem with my computer. We were sitting in the bank office talking to the teller, she told me "we have a hard freeze on your account, no one can touch it". (it was actually now six accounts). While we sat in her office, money started moving back and forth between accounts; she called security and reported it and said, "this is really embarrassing, the clients are sitting in my office watching it". They didn't know what they were doing; later on they told us someone used a stolen credit card to fund the accounts. I opened a new account and lost no money, just a couple of hours hassle. I don't worry about it much, we have very little in the bank. I'm more annoyed by the forthcoming charges to keep your money in the bank. Just got a notice that Wells Fargo is charging 9 dollars a month for accounts that drop below 1500 a month; the teller told me it is to trap the elderly who don't pay attention.

Im glad it wasnt me.

here ya go Penn, don't use BTC to buy large amounts of illegal drugs....

snip:
A commenter using the handle wrote: ‘I am a large vendor on Sheep Marketplace, or I was until recently. I sold hard drugs in reasonably large quantities. I have around $90k locked up in the site. I owe some money to some very nasty people.....

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=226442

Nice link Jay.

You really should look into a credit union.

I belong to a small one. One nice thing- is when I had a judgement on me they knew not to wreck my account- a bank would have frozen the funds and let me deal with it later.

My credit union was $50 hold- to stay there. I have $400 the secures a visa credit card with a $400 limit. That comes in handy for buying gas and some online purchases. The interest runs $3 ish a month because I use most of the $400 all the time. My checking balance was $1.72 for about a week. There were no surprise fees.

I don't even know why I'm paying... I don't know if I'll ever see that money again.

Should rather stack silver and gold.

Back
Top Bottom