State of gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Strong dollar makes for cheap gold, but long term super low interest rate bonds makes gold attractive:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102453322?__...adline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=102453322

Personally, I am loving the USD gaining strength. My earnings can now buy more gold and foreign stocks (check out dividend yields on companies such as BBL, GSK, and TD) each month! In a world of stupidly low bond rates, real estate, dividend stocks, and gold are great places to be.

:popcorn:

Too bad this strong dollar is only because every other country has falling currency, and not because of fundamental strength.

If the curtain ever got pulled back for the world to see what was really going on, I would say the dollar would collapse, but at this point, I agree that I don't know what other currency (besides PM's) people might run to as being safe and sound.

how about the Norwegian Krone ?

They have a great surplus from North Sea oil and do not seem to be on anybodys radar like the swiss or russians.

Well, now (Sunday evening, US ET), gold is having a mini-spike (now at $1220). I just bought some more from Provident, and as long as I get it OK (Due in tomorrow), I'm OK with gold going up AFTER I buy it.

Up after I buy it? That's a change.

:)

Back
Top Bottom