Sugar: The White Death

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

How Bad is Sugar? Why Sugar is the “White Death”​

That is what Arnold Schwarzenegger called highly refined, processed foods way back in the 1970’s when he was in his bodybuilding heyday. White bread, white rice, white pasta, white flour and sugary foods of all kinds are in this group.

Here we are in the 21st century and has anything changed?

Nope. Sugar and white flour are absolutely everywhere, and just how bad is sugar?

More:

What Happens to Your Body When You Quit Sugar for 14 Days​

15:22

A variation of the Sugar Busters diet called the Low Glycemic Index Treatment (LGIT) is prescribed to help some epilepsy patients control their seizures. Refined sugars and simple carbs are the devil.

Is there a 'healthiest' sugar substitute? What to know after WHO's aspartame announcement.​

Artificial sweeteners may seem like a trend of the late 20th and 21st centuries, but they've been around for a lot longer.

The first artificial sweetener was saccharin, synthesized in 1879. It can be about 300 to 500 times sweeter than table sugar. Sugar substitutes like erythritol and aspartame are used in many everyday household goods – chewing gum, canned food, diet sodas jellies and dairy products – but they’ve had a controversial history and place in research. In July 2023, the World Health Organization concluded aspartame could potentially cause liver cancer and other health problems when consumed in large amounts.

Here’s what to know if you’re selecting sugar substitutes in your everyday diet:

More:

I Quit Sugar. There Were Downsides—But One Big Positive​

My wife and I decided to quit sugar for a month. Nowadays, you can't hurl a cronut without hitting a thought-provoking expose on how sugar is destroying humanity one disease at a time.

Before deciding to quit sugar for a month, we knew that having too much wasn't good for us. But too much of anything isn't good for you. I wanted to find out for myself the benefits of quitting sugar.

I want to live a long time, and a lot of people say that sugar causes all sorts of health problems, from heart disease to liver disease. I enjoy life and the people in it. I want to see my baby grow up. I want to live long enough so that there's the technology to download my consciousness into a computer and in that way be immortal.

More:

If you watch on utube some of the comments below the vid are good.l

What Happens to Your Body When You STOP Eating SUGAR for 7 Days! Dr. Mandell​

Apr 13, 2024
Giving up sugar for 7 day has amazing health benefits for your brain and body. This will help your heart, brain, skin, liver, intestines, glucose levels, kidneys, water retention, bloating, mood, energy, and so much more. Take the Challenge! Dr. Mandell

11:20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom