"Sultan of Coins" executed in Iran for hoarding gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Iran has executed a currency trader known as the "Sultan of Coins" for his amassing of gold coins.

Vahid Mazloumin and another member of his currency trading network received the death penalty for "spreading corruption on earth".

According to the Iranian Students' News Agency, Mr Mazloumin and associates had hoarded about two tonnes of gold coins.

Demand for gold coins and US dollars in Iran has soared as the country's currency has declined in value.

In the wake of the latest round of US sanctions on Iran, the rial has fallen about 70% against the US dollar.

As a result, a cost of living crisis has seen demonstrators take to the streets against perceived corruption.

A summer initiative was launched by Supreme Leader Ayotollah Khamenei to tackle financial crimes.

Mr Mazloumin was one of at least seven people handed death sentences this year in trials in the new finance-focused special courts, some of which were broadcast live on state television.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46206435

It's not clear from the reporting, but it appears as if this guy was operating some sort of black market money exchange and preying upon desperate people to amass that stash much like some people price gouge for necessities in the aftermath of natural disasters.

Who knows what to believe coming out of that shit hole, & yes I said shit hole & that's what I mean, cause that's what it is. As far as price gouging, their situation is not a natural disaster, it's called islam & theocracy. Of course it's a brutal country governed by a govt. designed by a brutal child molester that tries to pass itself off as a religion. If it were even a remotely free or even semi-reasonable govt, a person could own as much gold or silver as they want or can afford to. Luckily I don't have to worry about this, cause I can't afford that much gold & all my silver was lost in a tragic boating accident. Have I mentioned my boating troubles before? :paperbag:

Mazloumin didn’t hold a permit to trade gold and foreign currency, yet had formed the largest illegal network in that area, according to state-run Fars news agency. He instructed his team to corner the gold coin market to resell at higher prices, amassing about 2 tons of them, local media said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-hit-iran-executes-gold-currency-speculators

So, yeah... Black market money exchange. Happens in every country when it has a currency crisis.

Going to happen here to......sooner than later.

It all comes down to how much people will take before they've finally had enough, and/or they wake up long enough to catch a peek at what's going on behind the curtain. The election of Trump was a huge outcry by much of the country that they've already had enough. I think his first 2 years in office more people are seeing what's going on behind the curtains. The MSM isn't even worried about the curtain anymore, they'll light it on fire if it meant getting rid of Trump. The deep state has been exposed, even if only a small part of it, but still many people won't accept it as real. The DNC will just play it's violin faster as Rome burns, also not caring as long as means getting rid of Trump & going back to politics as usual, where they demand the republicans compromise & they do, even though the left never has to compromise & just keeps chipping away at The Constitution. I think if the republican party had the gains it did in the senate & held on to the house, I might have thought people had enough, but it seems at least over 40% want more abuse & erosion of their rights. It reminds me of the line in "Full Metal Jacket" when Snow Ball says "I guess they'd rather be alive than free, poor dumb <redacted - see forum guidelines on epithets> bastards." People here would rather have "free" stuff than actually being free. Poor dumb commie bastards. :doodoo: :flail:

Back
Top Bottom