Review: Suns of Liberty Mint

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
United-States
A while back I had purchased some odd looking 1/4 Ozt. bars from a site, actually bought the last 3 they had in stock. Don't like the company that I went through so poked around and found the source of the coins.

http://sunsoflibertymint.com/

They make 1/10, 1/4, & 1 Ozt. bars that are square shaped with the corners cut off to make them officially an octagon shape.

mq3obzOrZLLe63hwQgY_YSQ.jpg

images

Ordered via the website last Saturday, and they arrived today. Got an email from him on Tues saying he was finishing making a new batch to send out to all customers, should go out on Wed. Got a tracking number the next day as promised and they bars arrived today. The price for the full 1 Ozt. bar was a bit less than $2 above spot which was very competitive with the big guys over the weekend as I was shopping around for other stuff as well. I also like being able to support the little guy when I can, and getting a unique bar that looks nice (to me at least) is always a plus. I definitely give them a solid thumbs up and hope future transactions go as well. ;)

Placed another order, and got an email within a day that he planned on shipping out 1/4 & 1/10th bars the following monday, and 1 ozt bars the week after that. I had ordered all 3, so knew I would wait 2 weeks, while not as fast as a couple sites, still very good compared to some other recent transactions. The Monday when they were to ship, I hadn't gotten a shipment email, so after asking if they were coming, I received a quick response that they would go out the next day as he had been delayed a day to personal problems, and was throwing in some extra silver to make up for the delay. So they got here 2 days later, and there was one extra 1/10th ozt bar in my order. Better than nothing, which is what you would usually get with most sites. One more good transaction with suns of liberty. I hope they can keep it up when I order again.

Looks like these guys have updated a bit, and they are selling as low as 99 cents over spot. One thing it looks like they changed I'm not crazy about is if you buy individual amounts less than 10ozt they come sealed on a cardboard sheet, which personally I'd rather have them charge a bit less and just get the silver. Also if you buy the 10ozt bags of silver they have it listed as buying 1-9, with a price, then a 10-49 price listed, and then a 50-500 price, but the price for all 3 is the same per bag, no matter the method of payment, and it shows the spot price for all 3 as being 99 cents over spot. I'm not sure why you need to list it 3 different ways if your going to charge the same or if it was a mistake. I still like the bars though and as the guy doing it was a former Green Beret I like being able to buy from the little guy, especially one who's a fellow vet.

Is this all they sell, the silver bars?

I am very new to buying/collecting precious metals and am still trying to learn how to do this. So far I am concentrating on things like ASEs and Canadian Maple Leafs.

Thanks for the suggestion. I started my PM buying with a special offer from FirstFidelityReserve through AMAC for five (5) Canadian Great Horned Owls. Since then they have raised their premium from $3.50 to $4.30 per coin. I am, probably like everyone else, looking for better buys.

Back
Top Bottom